CAL F/A's in deal

s80dude

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
USA
Visit site
UPDATE 1-Continental strikes deal with flight attendants
Thu Dec 8, 2005 06:39 PM ET
(Adds outlines of deal, background, quote, changes dateline from LOS ANGELES)
WASHINGTON, Dec 8 (Reuters) - Continental Airlines (CAL.N: Quote, Profile, Research) on Thursday struck a last minute agreement on a contract with its flight attendants, breaking a months-long deadlock with the last holdout against a management cost-cutting bid.

The four-year tentative deal preserves the pay scale for current flight attendants, boosts the top base pay rate to $50 an hour and includes a no-furlough clause, the union said.

http://yahoo.reuters.com/financeQuoteCompa...08149855_newsml

Looks like pay was preserved for everyone on the property. Perhaps the new hires will be starting at much less, like a new B-scale of sorts. Anyone have more details?

A friend of mine who is a f/a for Continental told me that they deal isn't all that great. She said talk in the galley, says that it will not pass. She is predicting a STRIKE!

A friend of mine who is a f/a for Continental told me that they deal isn't all that great. She said talk in the galley, says that it will not pass. She is predicting a STRIKE!
It's never a great deal when you have to go backwards, but there are plenty of people who would love to have this job. Can you say "Buh, Buh" :lol:

It's never a great deal when you have to go backwards, but there are plenty of people who would love to have this job. Can you say "Buh, Buh" :lol:
Vote NO. It's never a deal when you go backwards. Plenty of people would love to have that job but they are not up to the standards for filling the position. Can you say cluless. It is time to stand up for all who work in avaition! Stand up for these folks!!!!

Pardon my ignorance, but what do the CO F/As not like about the tentative? Looks pretty good to me by today's standards.

They'll settle. If not, then they'll be in line to get that blue jacket at walmart. The militant ones will leave, some will continue to work and CO will hire people to replace the ones who leave. My guess is there are plenty of FA's from all the airlines since the layoffs after 9/11. Probably wouldn't be to hard to train them up.

They'll settle. If not, then they'll be in line to get that blue jacket at walmart. The militant ones will leave, some will continue to work and CO will hire people to replace the ones who leave. My guess is there are plenty of FA's from all the airlines since the layoffs after 9/11. Probably wouldn't be to hard to train them up.
The only ones group who wants a strike less than the FA's is CAL mgmt.Their precious bonus plan would go kaput if there is the smell of a strike at CAL.LK will be booted by the board without collecting his 10 million.He's a lame duck anyway since CAL and UAL will be tying the knot soon sometime this year.Watch Bethune come back to take over the dysfunctional 1000lb gorilla. :mf_boff: :shock:

The only ones group who wants a strike less than the FA's is CAL mgmt.Their precious bonus plan would go kaput if there is the smell of a strike at CAL.LK will be booted by the board without collecting his 10 million.He's a lame duck anyway since CAL and UAL will be tying the knot soon sometime this year.Watch Bethune come back to take over the dysfunctional 1000lb gorilla. :mf_boff: :shock:

There are many current and former(ME :D )UAL employees who hope for just that.

It can't come soon enough.

Can you say...STRIKE!

I finally got to see the TA and it looks like it belongs back in 1985! It's CRAP! I hope they have the guts to stand up to the corporate greed at CO and vote NO and strike.

My friend who flies for them said that it looks like they will strike in the end. Nobody likes the TA and they will not go backwards, like every other flight attendant group has. Someone needs to take a stand and stop the 1980's! It's now 2006 and you can't live on salaries from the 80's in 2006.

Latest posts