Canadian Pacific

diva

Jun 10, 2003
:) Hi, I just purchased a Candian Pacific airlines stewardess doll from ebay. Has anyone heard of it? It is supposed to be out of business. This doll has a gray uniform with a white and red scarf. I didn't pay a lot for the doll but would like to know from any former Canadian Pacific crewmembers if the article is genuine.
Thanks!
Diva

diva said:
:) Hi, I just purchased a Candian Pacific airlines stewardess doll from ebay. Has anyone heard of it? It is supposed to be out of business. Diva
I'm actually kind of amazed that there is anyone posting here who HASN'T heard of Canadian Pacific/CP Air/Canadian!
Since you're a self-professed 'newbie', I'll let you slide...
Yes, Canadian was a long-established Vancouver-based domestic (Canada) and International (Asia, Pacific, Latin America, Europe) carrier with roots that stretch all the way back to bush operators in the 1920s. In the 1980s then-CP Air (changed from Canadian Pacific some years earlier) was taken over by the parent company of Pacific Western Airlines, a smaller Canadian domestic airline. The merged carrier was from then on known simply as Canadian.
They were finally swallowed up by arch-rival Air Canada after a long and rancorous merger process just a few years ago--in 2000/01 if memory serves.

Latest posts