Ceo Says He Has A Plan

BoeingBoy

Veteran
Nov 9, 2003
US Airways Fights Ongoing Financial Firestorm

POSTED: 2:56 pm EST March 2, 2004
UPDATED: 5:02 pm EST March 2, 2004
CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- High fuel prices and fierce competition from low-cost carriers has the airline fighting an ongoing financial firestorm. And, once again, Dave Seigel, US Airways president and CEO, says he has a plan -- but, he's saying very little about it.

Article

Jim

ok what happens when or if the iam takes the third round of paycuts to the employees working in expressed, outsourced cities such as abe, avp, dtw, cle, srq, pwm, and whatever other cities i missed? i mean it is bad enough that we in the above cities are living on govt approved welfare checks, food stamps, what more could the crooks of ccy take from us????? i am for one would love to see seigel and his entire group take severe paycuts and i do mean let their paychecks go from some millions down in to the single digit numbers!

The plan is to screw the employees again***BOHICA*** in return for yet more empty promises, breach of contracts, threats of liquidation and the inabillity to turn a profit :angry: :angry: :angry:

Maybe if we finance some more bonuses for the executive management they will start running the company better <_< <_<

:lol: :lol: I kill me :lol: :lol:

For all you Dave haters. You better get in a line the unemployment line or the line to come together and fight together.... hes the only thing we have now he doesnt have to be here either work together with him or we all go down plain and simple. He all we got ! Like it or not!

I have made the decision that it would not be worth working here for any less. I tend to believe this place doesn't deserve to be in business any longer because of the way it treats it's employees.

--This is all in theory if I was a U employee. Which I may not disclose thanks to Dave the New Lorenzo.

In theory, what is the line about that you cannot reveal you are a theoretical employee of some airline that has hubs in CLT, PHL, PIT and DCA (if not more)?

It seems U wants very few of it's OWN employees. Much of the flying is going to contract carriers. Replace the agents on the ticket counters with kiosk machines. Make sure passengers get ticketed on-line....not at the counter. Soon to be automated ticket readers at gate. Contract out maintenance and utility etc...

What a cold, robotic company U is turning into. I see first hand what type of influence all of this has on the public...a GREATER need for human interaction.
Can you imagine what it will be like one day when a passenger can not find but a few human airline employees in the airport? It will be like being in a constant rotation of an automated answering service. Just PLEASE let me speak to a real person.

I keep thinking of "The Stepford Wives" :unsure:

For all you Dave haters. You better get in a line the unemployment line or the line to come together and fight together.... hes the only thing we have now he doesnt have to be here either work together with him or we all go down plain and simple. He all we got ! Like it or not!

Well, he's not really all we have, but some seem bound and determined to hitch their wagon to this squandering fool and his Harvard MBA.

Which brings to mind the lyrics of a NIN song....

-Airlineorphan

Head like a hole

bow down before the one you serve.
you’re going to get what you deserve.

god money I’ll do anything for you.
god money just tell me what you want me to.
god money nail me up against the wall.
god money don’t want everything he wants it all.

no you can’t take it
no you can’t take it
no you can’t take that away from me
no you can’t take it
no you can’t take it

head like a hole.
black as your soul.
I’d rather die than give you control.
head like a hole.
black as your soul.

god money’s not looking for the cure.
god money’s not concerned with the sick among the pure.
god money let’s go dancing on the backs of the bruised.
god money’s not one to choose
no you can’t take it
no you can’t take it

head like a hole.
black as your soul.
head like a hole.
black as your soul.

head like a hole.
black as your soul.
head like a hole.
black as your soul.

you know who you are.

networking said:
It seems U wants very few of it's OWN employees. Much of the flying is going to contract carriers. Replace the agents on the ticket counters with kiosk machines. Make sure passengers get ticketed on-line....not at the counter. Soon to be automated ticket readers at gate. Contract out maintenance and utility etc...

What a cold, robotic company U is turning into. I see first hand what type of influence all of this has on the public...a GREATER need for human interaction.
Can you imagine what it will be like one day when a passenger can not find but a few human airline employees in the airport? It will be like being in a constant rotation of an automated answering service. Just PLEASE let me speak to a real person.

I keep thinking of "The Stepford Wives" :unsure:
I believe you have shown us all the Light!

Sadly .. I think your perception is correct ...

networking said:
This may be true. Let me dwell a moment on the replacement of ticket counters with kiosk machines. Why is this bad? If a machine can handle the job as well as a person, why shouldn't we have a machine do it?

Or do you still dial 0 and have an operator connect all of your calls for you?

mweiss,

Wasn't you that said you couldn't find work yet????

Maybe that's why. I guess in your finite mind, you can not see that technology and automation has a "downside". Or, can't you see that. How do you adapt to no jobs, my friend. I guess it is very evident that having insight and foresight is not your "long suit". :lol:

Do you know I have never used a MAC machine? Do you know that many many folks like to go INTO a bank to do business? I still buy stamps and don't pay bills on the internet. I like talking to folks on the phone for business and go directly to "0" and eliminate the promps. I rather go to a grocery store and pay the extra money to have someone else bag my groceries. BTW, I'm a US1.Yes, even airline employees. I like going to the ticket counter for my tickets and don't use KIOSK machines.

I LIKE IT!

PITbull said:
Wasn't you that said you couldn't find work yet????
Actually, I think I said I'm currently unemployed. But certainly as of about a year ago I was unable to find work. Got a job offer at the same time as my acceptance to graduate school and opted for the school. Hopefully that will prove to be a wise choice. We'll know soon enough.

I guess in your finite mind, you can not see that technology and automation has a "downside".
Sure it does. But it also has an upside. We could choose to strip away all of our technological advances of the past millenia and go back to being hunters and gatherers. It'd certainly make sure we all have something to keep us busy. Personally, I prefer to have the benefits of technology, but that's just me.

I guess it is very evident that having insight and foresight is not your "long suit".
I know of many people that would find your assessment to be laughable. I'm usually commended for having insight and foresight that goes beyond that of most others. But you can, of course, take that for what it's worth.

Do you know I have never used a MAC machine? Do you know that many many folks like to go INTO a bank to do business. I still buy stamps and don't pay bills on the internet. I like talking to folks on the phone for business and go directly to "0" and eliminate the promps. I rather go to a grocery store and pay the extra money to have someone else bag my groceries. I like going to the ticket counter for my tickets and don't use KIOSK machines.
Good for you. Seriously. Just because I like the convenience of technology doesn't mean you have to. But I assume that when you call a business, you do actually dial their number, right? Do you know how many jobs were lost when the Bell System switched to direct dial? It certainly could be considered a tragedy by many. But these advances allow us the freedom to do much more than we could do in 1955 as a result.

airlinerorphan,

That ROCKED!!!! :up: Can I make a request for a little Rage Against the Machine next? I think that would be pretty good for this place. :D