CF: AA Isn't as Weak in Asia As You Might Think

Frankly, I could care less who votes against you, WT.

Interesting that you're referring you yourself in the third person all of the sudden. Are you multiple people posting from the same account now?

Reactions: 3 people
obviously I don't care who votes against me or WT or however else you or I want to refer to myself.

How many negative votes do you think it would have taken before you shut me up?

How many user names voting against me do you think it would have taken before I decided it wasn't worth it?

Despite what you might want, this is not a closed forum and is open to people who work in the airline industry - past, present, future, or never will.

I am not interested in pi78ing matches with you or anyone else until it becomes clear how well the new AA will or will not do.

Other than noting that the whole post voting system is a complete fraud and it is precisely because of the actions of Veritas - who is just tne person, I could care less what reputation someone gives me or the collective board says I have "earned."

As for education or the absence thereof, there is nothing that says that someone who works in one discipline or obtains a second or third or fourth degree forgets or is no longer interested in what they once did or studied.

Even more so, it says there are people, including many on here, who are very smart even if they don't have a list of degrees to show for it.

Reactions: 2 people
Frankly, I could care less who votes against you, WT.
What is so interesting is that you don't seem much interested in reputation votes today but you sure were just a few pages ago in this thread which you started.

What changed other than the fact that Veritas' hyperactive right pointer finger is now public knowledge?

I decided a response using a different finger was warranted.

Then I chose a good bottle of wine instead of dealing with your whining.

Reactions: 5 people
Well of course you are interested in the study of birds and proctology now... but doesn't change that you have spent years deceitfully and hypocritically trying to frame me, that would be WT, as the manipulator of the post voting system when in fact you and your cast of thousands have done the very same thing for years.

Integrity? For sure. You'll find it running thru the sewers of Paris while you are globe-trotting on your next assignment. Or on the streets of São Paulo between the "public bathrooms" that are share between two and four-footed creatures alike - but it all looks the same regardless of where you are in the world.

If you would have grabbed the bottle of wine and then actually spent some time with your family instead of manipulating the post voting system, you could have avoided the past 24 hours.

But you always were more interested in the fight and trying to protect your reputation that to have the good sense to walk away.

And most of all, it is now perfectly apparent that you didn't care one iota about AA and Asia, or else you were unable to logically and coherently understand and respond to the issues involved in the market.

Likely both are the truth, or Veritas.

Italian - verità
French – vérité
Spanish- verdad
Portuguese – verdade

Since you've become an expert in Latin, you should have no trouble identifying the following Latin word as it has coursed its way through 2000 years of European languages.

FRAUDEM

oui oui?

or in your case

wee wee

You have a wee-wee fetish? I'd have never guessed that.

Considering the age of consent in Brasil is 14, regardless of orientation, that explains a lot.

there is an article on www.justplanenews.com it might also be in the wallstreetjournal.com but not 100% sure but after the merger btwn US n AA Dougie said that they would grow internationally and in asia not just themselves but also with JAL and Cathy Pacific (sorry dont know their 2 letter code)

Reactions: 1 person
Actually, E, you would be wrong... as much as you like to think you understand a lot more than you do.

BTW, Brazil is real big on protecting children's rights so I would not be whipping anything out anyplace other than where it is very obvious that you are doing only what you are supposed to be doing with those assets.

You might also be careful about which fingers you raise and where - and even the order in which you present them to people. Your post above reminds of the AA pilot who chose to present his 3rd finger to Brazilian immigration officers; needless to say the flight was cancelled and he got to enjoy local cuisine with other Brazilians in the GRU jail.

But....

thank you for rescuing this conversation from the toilet, Robbed.

You can see that E and I like to fight like cats and dogs but we also enjoy having a good laugh together... or at least I laugh.

Actually, US has already said they will apply for both PHL and CLT to GRU service (since we have discussed Latin America in this thread that has gone all over) and it is a given, as I have noted, that the new AA will develop PHL to Latin America as well as PHL to Asia. Of course the benefit of PHL is it has very few int'l carriers relative to EWR or JFK so there is a lot of opportunity for growth.

AA of course will develop their network via their partners... but other than PHL-NRT, it is hard to see another route to Japan on AA/US metal making a whole lot of sense... AA could have done that already.
As for HKG and CX (Cathay), there have been multiple opportunities to develop closer relationships... but why would CX want to have a joint venture with a partner that may or may not add anything behind what CX already has..... why would CX want another carrier starting service in LAX-HKG since CX has the market to itself? ORD-HKG? sure AA could start it but they will be up against UA which has been AA's nemesis in every other ORD-E. Asia route. DFW-HKG? maybe..if you want to add a 16+ hour flight on a 777-300..... the economics of Ultra-long haul flying aren't great.....

so, of course, AA will expand its presence in Asia,,, but I'm not sure it will be appreciably any different than what exists now - and certainly AA's relative strength in Asia is not likely to change.

I'm not laughing with you, WT.

I'm laughing *at* you.

It's important to know the difference.
of course you and your buddy Mikey are doing that since you keep hoping you will gain a leg up in the conversation via shame since discussing the actual thread is beyond your capabilities.... meanwhile, I've been laughing thru this whole thread which you started thinking you would "show me" about how strong AA is as a cover to incite the mob.

You do know that mobs can be unpredictable, don't you?

But then you've thought you'd have the last laugh for how many years... I just happen to be more interested in denying you the pleasure.

For folks like Mikey who also takes defending AA so personally, he should know these discussions aren't really about AA at all - but they do provide some nice fodder for the discussion.

But Mikey,
what is your assessment of AA's future in Asia?

Which galley will you be working on that new 773 to ICN?

E can help you out w/ a solid analysis of AA's performance against UA in ORD-E. Asia markets if you want to use that as a proxy for how many ancillary fees AA will have to charge to compete w/ KE in the market.

BTW, AA is so certain they are going to beat KE up in DFW-ICN they want to take them on in GRU-LAX.

oo la la...

im surprised us has not said what aircraft type they would use from phl to sao paulo and i wonder why they started clt to gru rather than phl gru as i think the population is bigger in the phl market as for aircraft type i wonder if they would a 330 or 76 on it as for asia services i stil wonder if the new aa would utilize a 777 300 to do phl-icn or phl-narita or haneda bec of the population and i wonder if they would also do clt to asia though i do not know if there would be support for that

Making PHL-Asia work on a 772 would be the first step... I think there might be a route or two that might work.

CLT-Asia? Perhaps NRT in a JV with JL but you can pretty well look at ATL - a much bigger city and a much bigger hub to see what works from the SE to Asia. It is DL to NRT with DL having a hub on both ends of the flight and KE to ICN with KE being a DL partner who brings a lot of passengers to ATL for KE, esp. from the SE.... and of course KE has a hub on the other end.

PHL to Asia has a lot of potential and I'm sure it will work better for AA than JFK.

you said phl to asia would work using a 777 given phl population... and businesses what cities would be best... and as for clt to asia would a 330 be better suited i know dl n ke both serve atl to asia and aa does serve japan from dfw (2 flights) lax ord n jfk wonder after the merger when more of the widebody a/c come online if they would be suited for phl,clt mia to asia i do not know if mia is used for asia flights for aa but i would imagine it could work i know mia is vastly latinos and thus s am markets are best suited for that but remember phl i believe can draw a large crowd esp from rdg abe and parts of nj as well which i would ask this when we start phl to brazil what a/c type is best suited