Changing The Face Of Training

Just playing right back with you Mr Blackmac, finally, the forum seems to be going in the right direction.

Sweetlilsky...

you're in control of sexual harassment. Nobody else. Let it continue and you have done yourself no favours or any other woman following behind you. You shouldn't have hesitated to report anyone or at least made a big stink about it. You were the customer and if you could have, should have taken the remainder of your training elsewhere.

Hey Big Guy; You are lucky I'm not gay or I would charge you with harassment, the way you keep after me.

Cheers, you know who.

well I am visiting my grand parents in France right now and am having a bit of trouble with their azerty keyboard so bare with me on sp. and punctuation.

I would have to start with a reply to the suggestion that flight training should be militarized. Although some good points were mentioned, this would also present some difficulty as it is entirely a different can of worms. First of all, education is a provincial jurisdiction (this includes higher education and trades) while the military is national. I leave you to ponder any further implications.

From what I understand as it is currently, you would also have to commit yourself to the military for 10 years and pay a fine for every year you did not live up to that commitment.

Secondly, again for my female point of view, there has been some suggestion that women have a slightly increased risk of being raped when working in the military (I heard it is less harsh in Canada though). This does not get publicized for obvious reasons. I am a communications major so I know a a little about media control...

Dear Winnie,

Thanks for the suggestion. Did you mean London, Ontario? or London, England? If it is England then I think that the added cost of conversions, not to mention living in London and paying in Pounds would be a bit much.

I am not finished my flight training. I have about 150 hrs and still have to finish CPL, multi, IFR. I was just so frustrated with dealing with flying schools and their men that I am taking my dad's advice to wait until I am finished my degree, which is soon enough anyways and then go to Toronto or Halifax. Why Halifax? because one of the pilots that my mom works with (she is an FA) said they only have old experienced instructors there who won't try to date me.

Dear MagSeal thank you for your concern but rest assured I don't let things go quietly. I have been openly opposed to sexual harassment and I do complain about it. So much so that some of the guys told me that it is cute when I am mad and that annoys me only more - apparently to them being angry is considered flirting. Someone will have to explain this to me some day. I am lucky that my instructor for the private license was a woman because I don't know how I would have gotten through it otherwise. Unfortunately, she doesn't teach anymore because she couldn't put up with the environment either. Oh and trust me, I HAVE taken the remainder of my training elsewhere, so much so that I have rented out of 4 flying schools. I have come to the conclusion that I will probably run into the same problems no matter where I go unless maybe I go to Halifax ;)

I gather then, that you are fixed wing?

If so, my neighbours across the taxiway have several female instructors, so maybe that would be an option??

We're both locagted in London, Ontario.

Cheers
Winnie

Back