CLE-LGW

mrf777

Advanced
Aug 20, 2002
CLE
www.usaviation.com
Now that USAirways has said no more PIT-LGW, wouldnt it be a good idea for CAL to return CLE-LGW to a daily flight? or a possible 767 aircraft. The loads have been very good lately. How about a CLE-CDG?

Sorry, but the CLE-LGW is now down to 4 or 3x daily if I remember correctly and I dont think that CLE is going to be dumping 762's into CLE because of the outrageous landing fees. It baffles me how it cant support more than it does, but oh well. CDG won't happen anytime in the near future as CLE has no intentions of starting a decent int'l op out of CLE. Hey on a brighter note though, they are starting CLE-SEA with a 735.

PIT-LGW is only going down until the first week of March. The explanation of the short hiatus is so they can install the new cockpit doors on the 330's and do other scheduled maintenance checks.

CAL cancelled their PIT-CLE feeder flights and even when they had them they never optimized them the last time PIT-LGW (the BA flight) was cancelled.

Do you really think PIT-LGW will be back in March? I'd give it less than a 50-50 chance.

No, I dont really think it will be coming back because of US's large scale cutbacks. It seems like they are set on shrinking the company to porofitablity. Sorry for the PIT people, but you guys are getting absolutley CRAPPED on.