Close Call Between Cessna and SWA

SWAMECH

Veteran
Apr 26, 2005
Why investigate? As reported, traffic controller gave both instructions and they both followed said instructions. As already indicated the fault lies within traffic controller's instructions, who was alerted by sensors and not their selves figuring it out. Sounds like a no brainer to me where the fault lies, waste of money to call for an investigation in my eyes.

"The incident occurred Friday at San Diego International Airport. According to both agencies, a Cessna 560X corporate jet was cleared to land on the same runway on which Southwest Airlines Flight 2493, a Boeing 747, was lined up and waiting for permission to take off. The airport's surface surveillance system alerted air traffic controllers to the problem, and they instructed the Cessna to abort its landing."

Why investigate? As reported, traffic controller gave both instructions and they both followed said instructions. As already indicated the fault lies within traffic controller's instructions, who was alerted by sensors and not their selves figuring it out. Sounds like a no brainer to me where the fault lies, waste of money to call for an investigation in my eyes.

"The incident occurred Friday at San Diego International Airport. According to both agencies, a Cessna 560X corporate jet was cleared to land on the same runway on which Southwest Airlines Flight 2493, a Boeing 747, was lined up and waiting for permission to take off. The airport's surface surveillance system alerted air traffic controllers to the problem, and they instructed the Cessna to abort its landing."
You are just the know it all of commercial aviation.

Since when does WN fly 747s?

Learn to proofread

You are just the know it all of commercial aviation.

Since when does WN fly 747s?

Learn to proofread
Looks like that was a direct quote from the article, so perhaps you should tell the bonehead that actually wrote it...

Latest posts