Co 2q Results

Fairly predictable results. It will be interesting to see how CO employees respond to the stated request for help - so far the pilots are rather guarded in their willingness to help.

Bethune's comments about mergers is interesting. Although I agree that the structure of the industry will change, I have a hard time seeing CO in a position to be an acquirer. Any financial relief they might get will probably be enough to help their operating results but will probably not sufficiently strengthen the very-stretched balance sheet. CO is very capable of surviving. Yields are not down as much as I expected given the increased competition in transcon markets.

Glad to see any airline make a profit. I think CO is trying to right the ship and they appear to be close to getting things headed in the right direction. A little, and I mean just a little, e,ployee help would send this boat flying in the right direction. Just my thoughts.....

coolflyingfool said:
Glad to see any airline make a profit. I think CO is trying to right the ship and they appear to be close to getting things headed in the right direction. A little, and I mean just a little, e,ployee help would send this boat flying in the right direction. Just my thoughts.....
Just my 2 cents worth, but I see ol' GORDO putting a positive spin on CO, dressing her up, and "pimping" her off to the "john" with the best offer.

Hey, ol' GORDO knows DAM well, whats ahead for the "second string legacies"(UA,CO, and US)

(Sorry UA, but I like NW's chances much better at "moving on to the next round")

NH/BB's