Collision Course To War

NHBB,

7) question his lack of legislative experience? (I dare you to name 1 piece of legislation that he has written in either IL or US Senate)
8) question his lack of knowledge about foreign policy?
9) question his lack of executive experience?
Gosh, I wish you guys would have been as concerned back in 2000 when cowboy George was running for POTUS. I guess the only difference there is that W was white.

You know - mixed race babies can claim to be whatever they want to be when they are of age. Typically they will take the race of the mother until they are of age to specify otherwise.

Key issue for me is ideology. I wholeheartedly disagree with BO's because it is marxist.

If you really want to get picky, I'll grant you that McLame is not a true conservative either. If the GOP is supposed to be the conservative party, their candidate is not 100% of what I consider to be a conservative, none of their candidates really were. The Dems, on the other hand are not anymore what I consider liberals, they're worse. They are pandering to extreme/hard left.

6. I meant to ask if Rezko was convicted before Obama knew him or any of the others for that matter. If I do not know you are conducting illegal activities an you have not been convicted, how am I to be responsible for knowing that? We elected Nixon to office? He did not break the law till afterward. Same with W and Clinton. They broke the law after the fact.

By your logic no senator is qualified to run for POTUS. People used to say the same about military back ground. he Constitution affords anyone to run for office. I am more concerned about the people the POTUS surrounds him/her self with. I would prefer the means to keep the likes of Rice/Rumsfeld/Gonzales and the rest of the crooks out of the WH.

A governors job is no where close to what a POTUS does. To me that is like equating a private is more qualified to be a astronaut than one who does not know how to fly. That's a weak argument IMO.

I feel Falwell/Robertson...et-al are just as dangerous. Neither should be acceptable but they are.

I listen to McCain/Bush and I hear a dictator/empire builder in waiting. I'll stick to Obama. We need to start taking care of ou selves for a little before we can go out and save others from them selves.

I'll look at th Ayres thing later. I need to pack up to fly home.

Key issue for me is ideology. I wholeheartedly disagree with BO's because it is marxist.

If you really want to get picky, I'll grant you that McLame is not a true conservative either. If the GOP is supposed to be the conservative party, their candidate is not 100% of what I consider to be a conservative, none of their candidates really were. The Dems, on the other hand are not anymore what I consider liberals, they're worse. They are pandering to extreme/hard left.
Apparently, all it takes to be conservative these days is a "tax cut" mantra. Nevermind that we are in a war that costs over a billion dollars per week....tax cut, tax cut, tax cut...and throw in a nuke some country reference for good measure. That's far from the conservative ideals I held and still hold.

By your logic no senator is qualified to run for POTUS. People used to say the same about military back ground. he Constitution affords anyone to run for office. I am more concerned about the people the POTUS surrounds him/her self with. I would prefer the means to keep the likes of Rice/Rumsfeld/Gonzales and the rest of the crooks out of the WH.

A governors job is no where close to what a POTUS does. To me that is like equating a private is more qualified to be a astronaut than one who does not know how to fly. That's a weak argument IMO.

I did not say that one must be a state governor before running for POTUS, but IMHO the experience is valuable. This election ofcourse both candidates lack this.

As far as surrounding yourself with the right people, the fact that BO for so long has been associated with Rev. Wright and W. Ayers and Rezko speaks to a persons character and judgement.

I feel Falwell/Robertson...et-al are just as dangerous. Neither should be acceptable but they are.

Wright vs. Fartwell are 2 different issues. Fartwell and his ilk are preaching what they read in the Bible - which is that homosexuality is wrong. How one decides to interpret & accept or not this Bible text is up to that person. Wright is preaching pure hate, there was no scriptural basis for Wright's sermons. Pure hate. BO sat there for 20+ years! Does he believe that the US government invented the HIV virus to kill the blacks? Or was he sitting there in the pew smiling so that when he runs for office he has the support of the black population? I tended to think it was the latter, but after hearing Michelle's comments I think that they believe Wright's vitriol in addition to the pandering opportunity.

Apparently, all it takes to be conservative these days is a "tax cut" mantra. Nevermind that we are in a war that costs over a billion dollars per week....tax cut, tax cut, tax cut...and throw in a nuke some country reference for good measure. That's far from the conservative ideals I held and still hold.

On my checklist of what it means to be a conservative, tax cuts are near the top. Tax cuts alone does not make one a conservative, there are other issues, but tax cuts are important to me.

On my checklist of what it means to be a conservative, tax cuts are near the top. Tax cuts alone does not make one a conservative, there are other issues, but tax cuts are important to me.
Even in a time of war? Costing billions per week? Being paid for by loans from a country (China) that is kind of an "iffy" friend.

Sarkozy warns of nuclear-armed Iran

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/europe/06/23...l.ap/index.html

French President Nicolas Sarkozy has told Israel's parliament that a nuclear-armed Iran is "unacceptable" to his country.

Israel has repeatedly warned that it believes Iran is pursuing nuclear weapons. In today's address, Sarkozy said Israel is not alone. He said the entire European Union is concerned about Iran's nuclear program.

No,no....its drill now....

Sounds like "the dance" may be starting sooner rather than later.

Israel 'will attack Iran' before new US president sworn in, John Bolton predicts
Do you mean this guy???

View attachment 7662

"I'm with the Bush-Cheney team, and I'm here to stop the count."

Those were the words John Bolton yelled as he burst into a Tallahassee library on Saturday, Dec. 9, 2000, where local election workers were recounting ballots cast in Florida's disputed presidential race between George W. Bush and Al Gore.

Bolton was one of the pack of lawyers for the Republican presidential ticket who repeatedly sought to shut down recounts of the ballots from Florida counties before those counts revealed that Gore had actually won the state's electoral votes and the presidency.

The Dec. 9 intervention was Bolton's last and most significant blow against the democratic process.

The Florida Supreme Court had ordered a broad recount of ballots in order to finally resolve the question of who won the state. But Bolton and the Bush-Cheney team got their Republican allies on the U.S. Supreme Court to block the review. Fearing that each minute of additional counting would reveal the reality of voter sentiments in Florida, Bolton personally rushed into the library to stop the count.

Source