Collision Course To War

Do you mean this guy???

View attachment 7662

"I'm with the Bush-Cheney team, and I'm here to stop the count."

Those were the words John Bolton yelled as he burst into a Tallahassee library on Saturday, Dec. 9, 2000, where local election workers were recounting ballots cast in Florida's disputed presidential race between George W. Bush and Al Gore.

Bolton was one of the pack of lawyers for the Republican presidential ticket who repeatedly sought to shut down recounts of the ballots from Florida counties before those counts revealed that Gore had actually won the state's electoral votes and the presidency.

The Dec. 9 intervention was Bolton's last and most significant blow against the democratic process.

The Florida Supreme Court had ordered a broad recount of ballots in order to finally resolve the question of who won the state. But Bolton and the Bush-Cheney team got their Republican allies on the U.S. Supreme Court to block the review. Fearing that each minute of additional counting would reveal the reality of voter sentiments in Florida, Bolton personally rushed into the library to stop the count.

Source

Same crap happened on the other side of the aisle dude.....

Candidate Outcomes Based on Potential Recounts in Florida Presidential Election 2000
(outcome of one particular study)
Review Method Winner
Review of All Ballots Statewide (never undertaken)
• Standard as set by each county Canvassing Board during their survey Gore by 171
• Fully punched chads and limited marks on optical ballots Gore by 115
• Any dimples or optical mark Gore by 107
• One corner of chad detached or optical mark Gore by 60
Review of Limited Sets of Ballots (initiated but not completed)
• Gore request for recounts of all ballots in Broward, Miami-Dade, Palm Beach, and Volusia counties Bush by 225
• Florida Supreme Court of all undervotes statewide Bush by 430
• Florida Supreme Court as being implemented by the counties, some of whom refused and some counted overvotes as well as undervotes Bush by 493
Unofficial recount totals
• Incomplete result when the Supreme Court stayed the recount (December 9, 2000) Bush by 154
Certified Result (official final count)
• Recounts included from Volusia and Broward only Bush by 537

Source

You know,..........NO ONE was more Pissed off over the 2000 FL. debacle than me,.....but as time goes by(almost 8 YEARS of time gone by), I've pretty much "let it go".

I'm focused on MORE Important things now.

For Instance........"11/04/2008"

At that time, the "chickens will Finally have come home to roost" :up:

Time to think about a Democratic Filibuster proof Congress, A FUMIGATION of "1600", and the start of what very well might be...............War Crimes trials/Crimes against Humanity....in the HAGUE Netherlands.

YES....EL-CHIMPO,..It's true what they say.

"What goes around,.............Comes around" :shock: :shock: :up: :up: :up:

Haven't actually played the "dare you" game since junior high, but I suggest you tool around on http://thomas.loc.gov before you make anymore comments.

I did, and my conclusion stands.

There is not a single piece of legislation from the US Senate that can be attributed to the junior Senator from IL.

Actually, even his latest ad, where he states something along the lines of helping to get better health care for US military members is a lie. That particular legislation refered to in the ad, if you follow the fine print you will find that it was war spending/appropriations bill (which he had nothng to do with), which passed the Senate 91-3 with 6 Senators not voting on it (abstaining?). One of the 6 abstaining was the one and only B. Hussein Obama.

I did, and my conclusion stands.

There is not a single piece of legislation from the US Senate that can be attributed to the junior Senator from IL.

Your "tooling" needs some work, bud. Type in Obama's name in the Library of Congress, and it lists 125 resolutions/bills that have been introduced and sponsored by Obama. Do you care to compare it to certain other candidates? I'll list the first 10 for your reference:

Items 1 through 100 of 1251. S.CON.RES.5 : A concurrent resolution honoring the life of Percy Lavon Julian, a pioneer in the field of organic chemistry and the first and only African-American chemist to be inducted into the National Academy of Sciences.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 1/31/2007) Cosponsors (5)
Committees: Senate Judiciary
Latest Major Action: 1/31/2007 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Referred to the Committee on the Judiciary.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. S.CON.RES.25 : A concurrent resolution condemning the recent violent actions of the Government of Zimbabwe against peaceful opposition party activists and members of civil society.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 3/29/2007) Cosponsors (7)
Committees: Senate Foreign Relations
Latest Major Action: 6/26/2007 Held at the desk.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. S.CON.RES.44 : A concurrent resolution expressing the sense of Congress that a commemorative postage stamp should be issued honoring Rosa Louise McCauley Parks.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 9/12/2007) Cosponsors (22)
Committees: Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
Latest Major Action: 10/19/2007 Referred to Senate subcommittee. Status: Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs referred to Subcommittee on Federal Financial Management, Government Information, Federal Services, and International Security.

4. S.CON.RES.46 : A concurrent resolution supporting the goals and ideals of Sickle Cell Disease Awareness Month.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 9/17/2007) Cosponsors (None)
Committees: Senate Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
Latest Major Action: 9/17/2007 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Referred to the Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions.

5. S.RES.133 : A resolution celebrating the life of Bishop Gilbert Earl Patterson.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 3/28/2007) Cosponsors (4)
Latest Major Action: 3/28/2007 Passed/agreed to in Senate. Status: Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed to without amendment and with a preamble by Unanimous Consent.

6. S.RES.268 : A resolution designating July 12, 2007, as "National Summer Learning Day".
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 7/11/2007) Cosponsors (4)
Latest Major Action: 7/13/2007 Passed/agreed to in Senate. Status: Resolution agreed to in Senate without amendment and with a preamble by Unanimous Consent.

7. S.RES.383 : A resolution honoring and recognizing the achievements of Carl Stokes, the first African-American mayor of a major American city, in the 40th year since his election as Mayor of Cleveland, Ohio.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 11/15/2007) Cosponsors (2)
Latest Major Action: 11/15/2007 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Referred to the Committee on the Judiciary.

8. S.J.RES.23 : A joint resolution clarifying that the use of force against Iran is not authorized by the Authorization for the Use of Military Force Against Iraq, any resolution previously adopted, or any other provision of law.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 11/1/2007) Cosponsors (None)
Committees: Senate Foreign Relations
Latest Major Action: 11/1/2007 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Foreign Relations.

9. S.114 : A bill to authorize resources for a grant program for local educational agencies to create innovation districts.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 1/4/2007) Cosponsors (None)
Committees: Senate Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
Latest Major Action: 1/4/2007 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions.

10. S.115 : A bill to suspend royalty relief, to repeal certain provisions of the Energy Policy Act of 2005, and to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to repeal certain tax incentives for the oil and gas industry.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 1/4/2007) Cosponsors (None)
Committees: Senate Finance
Latest Major Action: 1/4/2007 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Finance.

Your "tooling" needs some work, bud. Type in Obama's name in the Library of Congress, and it lists 125 resolutions/bills that have been introduced and sponsored by Obama. Do you care to compare it to certain other candidates? I'll list the first 10 for your reference:

Your reading comprehension needs major work. Look through the list of 125 items that are displayed for BO.
Then ignore the senate resolutions, they're meaningless (in the grand scheme of things). I'm talking about legislation that BO has sponsored (written) which have gone through the Senate, voted on and became law. None. Not a single one has even made it to the Senate floor to be voted on. Nice try though.

Your reading comprehension needs major work. Look through the list of 125 items that are displayed for BO.
Then ignore the senate resolutions, they're meaningless (in the grand scheme of things). I'm talking about legislation that BO has sponsored (written) which have gone through the Senate, voted on and became law. None. Not a single one has even made it to the Senate floor to be voted on. Nice try though.
How many resolutions has McSame sponsored that he now is against?

Too funny. You really, really should do some research before you keep making asinine comments.

If you wanted to discuss actual passed law rather than legislation in general, then you should have said so. But you didn't; you only limited it to legislation. So go ahead and change the rules midway through the game; it is your game. But even with your mid-game rule changes, I will still play... and WIN. Not only can I show you legislation Obama sponsored that has been voted on, I can even show you a bill sponsored by Obama that has been PASSED INTO LAW.

Ever heard of the Democratic Republic of the Congo Relief, Security, and Democracy Promotion Act of 2006? Apparently you have not heard of it! It falls within your new parameters. It was a bill; it was sponsored and introduced by Obama; it was voted on and passed in the senate floor; it was passed in the House, it was signed by the president and; it has become law. Thus, you are wrong!

Nice try though!

Neat site Lilly. I used to to search McCain's record. Yes he did sponsor a few bills that actually became law. I just searched the 109th Congress. Every single one that passed pertained to the Native Americans that lived in AZ. Not saying that they do not need representation (after the way the US ahas screwed over the Native Americans they need all the help they can get) but how about the rest of us? Is he just worried about keeping his job and does he know there are 49 other states?

If you want to make the lack of Obamas record an issue that is fine. I think it is a valid concern. I also think McCain's record is of concern as well.

Latest posts