Compassion from WN

ALPO NO MO

Nov 12, 2007
This is from another forum. Thought it shoud be shared, nice job Southwest

Posted: 2/26/2008 3:35:36 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just wanted my fellow peas to know that Southwest Airlines is an awesome company.

My SIL's BF (and friends of our family as well) grandson had been in and out of the hospital, with a genetic heart defect for most of his 14 months. Because of the mounting medical bills their DD and her husband moved in with our friends.

Prayers were answered and he began to get better. So well in fact, our friends arranged for his parents to away to Vegas. The parents were reluctant to leave. I am sure all of us would feel the same. They agreed to go if all was okay at his next Dr. appointment. He was doing great. Their DD and SIL would finally be able to relax and go on vacation.
They called home to check in about 100 times. "He's fine" "have fun"
The next time they called our friends told them that he had a very
low grade fever, they had already called the Dr. The Doctor told them "Just keep an eye on it..." He went from bad to worse very quickly. They called the Doctor back, he told them to bring him to the hospital, He would meet them there. Our friends dreaded calling their DD. The parents quickly headed to the airport.

Sadly, their grandson died in route. He died in his Grandma's arms.

The parents were at the airline desk when they got the call. To make matters worse the airline wasn't going to be able to get them home. (I'm guessing that they either didn't have another flight, had one leaving much later or they were booked.) I'm sure there is a better answer here, all I know is that they couldn't come home on the same airline they went out on.
Our friends called another friend who worked for United for 32 years, they too couldn't help.
My SIL called her Son-in-law who works for Southwest.

Southwest had a plane leaving for Chicago in 5 mins. They held the plane. When they got to the plane Southwest curtained off an area so they would be able to grieve in private.
When the plane landed, they were the first to disembark, Southwest even arranged for their luggage to be brought to their house.

We were all willing to chip in to pay for the flight. Southwest refused payment. "They were glad that they were able to help" Isn't that wonderful.

Thank you Southwest!

Lizzy

Stop it already i am greiveing for all the other thousands upon thousands of industry folks who have lost their jobs... plllllsssssssssss......ssssssssssss. STOP..... but understand one thing your son in laws company acknowleged they put the public lives before profit.. im just not saying the world knows it.. their new slogan should read.... FLY WN>>> we have admitted we have flown unsafe airplanies becuase tht means more. the employees of WN should be VERY angry.. but the worst of everything is that WN employees will be walking around with their shorts in the NE.... plz DONT... not appeasing.this comes from many a employee and passenger

Stop it already i am greiveing for all the other thousands upon thousands of industry folks who have lost their jobs... plllllsssssssssss......ssssssssssss. STOP..... but understand one thing your son in laws company acknowleged they put the public lives before profit.. im just not saying the world knows it.. their new slogan should read.... FLY WN>>> we have admitted we have flown unsafe airplanies becuase tht means more. the employees of WN should be VERY angry.. but the worst of everything is that WN employees will be walking around with their shorts in the NE.... plz DONT... not appeasing.this comes from many a employee and passenger

Pathetic and soulless

PERSONAL ATTACK DELETED BY MODERATOR

Im sorry for the loss of the child My prayers and thoughts are with the entire family. Kudos to the SWA family for going way above and way beyond the call of duty to help a grieving family its stories like that that should make news