Constitutional end around?

delldude

Veteran
Oct 29, 2002
Downrange
In a letter to Obama on Wednesday, Byrd complained about Obama’s decision to create White House offices on health reform, urban affairs policy, and energy and climate change. Byrd said such positions “can threaten the Constitutional system of checks and balances. At the worst, White House staff have taken direction and control of programmatic areas that are the statutory responsibility of Senate-confirmed officials.â€￾

More

Although Obama had taught constitutional law for 12 years, the rest of his address raises a question whether he has ever read the Constitution. For he spells out his vision by committing his administration to a wide range of activities for which there is little or no authority in the Constitution.

More more

I expect many 'end arounds'.

More

More more

dell,
You AND Sen. Byrd, make valid points.
And, if the Sen. is correct, (and at this point I'm assuming that you and HE are), then this action (to BO is justified),

However, lets see if (in fact) , your "prognostications" become reality.
While I'm willing to take a "wait and see" approach, ultimately, only time will tell which one of us will be proven correct !

Your bro',
NH/BB's

More

More more

dell,
You and Sen. Byrd make a Good point.
If Sen. Byrd is correct(and I have no proof that he's not) than BO should listen to RB's advise.

I choose to take a "wait and see" approach, as far as the future of this scenario goes, as opposed to expecting that it Will continue. In the not so distant future, you or I will know as to which avenue is taken.

Your Pal,

NH/BB's

I see no problem with the offices...as long as they are there to develop policy positions with which to send to congress for approval. If they reach beyond that, then I have a problem with it, as will congress.

Thats exactly the issue...they are answerable to no one.

Bobby Byrd has issues with it , so should you.

Back