Contact #'s and emails for Consumer Complaints

2clippedwings

Veteran
Dec 24, 2002
PIT deportee
www.usaviation.com
USAirways Customer Relations Office 800-363-2542 OR
866-523-5333 BUT Limited Business Hours (??!!??)0500 to 1800 Monday through Friday MST and CLOSED Sat & Sun (we are an airline, right?)
USAirways Customer Relations Fax 480-693-2300
USAirways Customer Relations Office Web Link
http://www.usairways.com/awa/content/conta..._relations.aspx
USAirways Customer Relations email link to Web Form
http://www.usairways.com/awa/content/conta...ationsform.aspx
Dept of Transportation Air Consumer Protection Division(24 hours per day) 202-366-2220 to leave recording.
Calls are returned M-F between 0730 and 1700 Eastern time.
Letters and emails are reviewed and acknowledged and forwarded to an airline official for further consideration.
Mailing address:
Aviation Consumer Protection Division, C-75
US Department of Transportation
400 7th Street, S.W.
Washington, D.C. 20590

Email address: [email protected]

They request, name, address, daytime phone with area code, name of airline, flight date, flight number and origin and destination cities of complaint.
What concerns me is how difficult it is to find CURRENT contact info for USAirways. In addition, to find limited business hours for a 24 hour per day operation is not customer friendly. I will be carrying this info with me all of the time now.
ADDED: All complaints to the DOT are entered into the DOT's computer monitoring system and are charged to the company in question in the monthly Air Travel Consumer Report. This report is available to consumers and the news media.

An address should be in the back of the magazine and its printed on the little end of their boarding pass on the back or there is the US website.

The Attache magazine used to have tear out customer cards inside and if I'm not mistaken they were also postage paid. Tempe would never do that because they would have a flood of complaints daily.....too much to handle because there is too much to complain about!

An address should be in the back of the magazine and its printed on the little end of their boarding pass on the back or there is the US website.

I searched for this info like the average consumer would not like a savvy employee ;) . My passengers can't even find their seat number on the boarding pass or figure out what gate they are leaving from...
I tried USAirways.com, Googled it (many links for Deb Thompson came up).
Eliminate the hurdles the consumer has to go through and consequently diffuse some of their frustration.
During a res migration and weather events etc, customer relations (is "consumer affairs" gone?) should be available for faster response. There should be no busy signals nor referrals to a nonworking phone number etc.
The postcards were wonderful and worthwhile.

The DOT email address, I agree, is probably the most efficient way to make your point.