US Airways To Tackle Complaints

See what 700UW started. It was tested.
Yeah....Whatever you say....sure it was....right

I don't make it a habit of defending 700UW, but let's say it was tested. Answer this for me. Why did senior management (at the highest level) agree to put this out KNOWING there were major issues and knowing there were major flaws.

Time to come clean Eric.......

I'm sure they plan on doing exactly what they did in Winston-Salem when they got really backed up....the most experienced agents handle the phones and the top tier customers, and the newbies do mail....all they do is stick an apology and a $50.00 or $100.00 voucher in an envelope!

Sorry, no vouchers here, this a low-class (er, low-cost) airline. You'll be lucky if you just get a form letter apology. :rolleyes:

Sorry, no vouchers here, this a low-class (er, low-cost) airline. You'll be lucky if you just get a form letter apology. :rolleyes:

While over at jetBlue if your bag doesn't make the flight, you immediately get a $30 voucher, no questions asked. Then more compensation depending on how long it takes them to deliver the bag. LCC or not?

....the most experienced agents handle the phones and the top tier customers, and the newbies do mail....all they do is stick an apology and a $50.00 or $100.00 voucher in an envelope!

Exactly where did you get this info? All of CA/CR handled calls and mail when there was a backlog. You may want to read Pineys and NCFL's post too so that you can be more informed. One other question...don't you think the customer deserves an apology? You make it seem as if compensation and an apology is a bad thing. At least WS responded. Tempe just prays they will go away. ;)

Just ran into a senior-but youngish 50 yr old--767I/training officiado "former" Capt---resigned as of 7/1 to work for sim company---home more---more money than 330 capt---he just had enough of the crap---better fix this kinda problem before we have 22 yr olds with 1000 hrs of Parker-P51 time--flying the 330. They still dont get it.

Hey people, go back and read the release.

"The new staff will free senior workers to answer customer-complaint telephone lines. Only about 50 percent of customer service phone calls are now getting answered because of the amount of time, as much as 20 minutes per call, each worker spends on them, Eberwein said."

Yeah....Whatever you say....sure it was....right

I don't make it a habit of defending 700UW, but let's say it was tested. Answer this for me. Why did senior management (at the highest level) agree to put this out KNOWING there were major issues and knowing there were major flaws.

Time to come clean Eric.......

You all are missing the point. To say it was not tested at all is not true. Also if "management knew there were major issues", how can this be without having tests run to find the errors...duh. It was tested, obiviously the reason why so many flaws were not discovered/fixed until/before the launch needs to be analyzed and documented so the same mistake is not made again. If it's stupid errors then someone needs to pay the ultimate price in terms of employment.

Exactly where did you get this info? All of CA/CR handled calls and mail when there was a backlog. You may want to read Pineys and NCFL's post too so that you can be more informed. One other question...don't you think the customer deserves an apology? You make it seem as if compensation and an apology is a bad thing. At least WS responded. Tempe just prays they will go away. ;)
I'm not the poster you're responding to, but my interpretation was that an apology and compensation is all well and good- and probably deserved- but without researching each incident to figure out what happened and why, the same problems will happen time and again.

but without researching each incident to figure out what happened and why, the same problems will happen time and again.
They have known the problems for years...yet AL C is still in the mix and nothing has changed...

I'm not the poster you're responding to, but my interpretation was that an apology and compensation is all well and good- and probably deserved- but without researching each incident to figure out what happened and why, the same problems will happen time and again.

C/A East did do the research and coded the exact department that caused the issue so that the department could improve. Does not seem much research is done by C/R West.