Convicted FELON........GOP Senator Stevens

Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081113/ap_on_...e/alaska_senate

With 44,000 of the 90,000 uncounted ballots, Democrat Mark Begich has not only erased a 3,200 deficit, he has actually taken the LEAD.

The first 44,000 have been running about 60/40 in favor of Begich. Officials up there are predicting that, that ratio is expected to continue with the remaining 46,000 ballots to be counted.

Should Begich win, he'd become # "58" of the Majority :shock:

Looks like PALIN wont need to go to SAX 5th avenue(On HER DIME) for new Senate Dud's :up:

Mn, is doing a recount that will be "razor thin", and in Georgia, they have to have a "run-off" because the Incumbant(GOP Senator SAXBY Chambliss) could NOT obtain a Majority.

Boy, I've got to tell ya' folks,.............The 2008 GOP,.."The GIFT that Keeps on GIVING" :up:

Do not attempt to hijack thread topics with extraneous issues. Time off will be given, and off-topic posts will be deleted. Thank you.

Addendum: I didn't think it would be necessary to state the obvious, but the post which generated the above warning has been deleted. Also, do not post comments/challenges to moderator actions or posts. If you have a problem with something one of the moderators does, use the pm feature. Thank you.

U.S. drops corruption case against ex-Sen. Stevens

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Justice Department on Wednesday said it will ask a judge to dismiss the conviction of former Alaskan Senator Ted Stevens amid allegations of prosecutorial misconduct in the high-profile corruption case.

"I have determined that it is in the interest of justice to dismiss the indictment and not proceed with a new trial," Holder said in a statement issued as department prosecutors filed a motion in federal court to set aside the jury verdict.

WASHINGTON -- The head of the Alaska Republican Party today called on Sen. Mark Begich to step down from the U.S. Senate, saying that the state's voters would have re-elected former Sen. Ted Stevens had they known the U.S Department of Justice would abandon its prosecution of him.

Talk about political assassination..............

Bear where are you :mf_boff:

Politics only a Democrat could love........

It was the screw up of the Bush Justice Dept. Dropping the case doesnt mean he is innocent by any stretch of the imagination. Everything that came to light shows a man who believes he above the law.

It was the screw up of the Bush Justice Dept. Dropping the case doesnt mean he is innocent by any stretch of the imagination. Everything that came to light shows a man who believes he above the law.

Disenfranchising voters in Minn is OK.... when it supports the Democrat...

Prosecutorial misconduct is justified..... when it supports the Democrat.

Which party believes it's above the law?

Talk about political assassination..............

Bear where are you :mf_boff:

Politics only a Democrat could love........

dell,........I'm right here Brother.

YOU are an EXTREMELY "easy read",.......meaning you CLEARLY let you Emotions speak BEFORE your usually good LOGIC.

(futher) meaning,..................it was the GENIOUS of the Bush justice dept., that "may" have cornhole'd Stevens.

It was the action of the OBAMA justice dept., to keep that ol' GOAT out of the CAN, with NO ONE ever knowing if he was guilty, or not.

So for all you GOPers, ...put the STINK where it belongs.

DENIAL my conservative friends,................is NOT a River in Egypt !!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is getting better day after day...........

DNC...the party that keeps on giving..... :lol:

“Welch, a registered Democrat [emphasis added], served in the Springfield U.S. Attorney’s office from 1995 to 2006, where he built a reputation as a brainy, unrelenting prosecutor….â€￾

William M. Welch II was head of the prosecutorial team that prosecuted Sen. Ted Stevens. For you who are lazy like me, I will make this easy for you to understand what happened. The prosecutors lied and schemed and hid evidence that exculpated the Senator. The prosecution claimed that Stevens accepted $188,000 in home improvements from an oil company. His defense was that he had paid $160,000, and he thought that was the fair market value of the improvements. The key prosecution early on told the prosecutors that Sen. Stevens was never billed, had asked for a bill, and would have paid if any bill had been submitted. But that was never told to the defense and the jury never heard that evidence. :lol:

NHBB??????

He he he.........

Nothing like a smoking gun....

While I'd like to see the prosecutors held accountable, the fact is no punishment imposed by the DOJ or a court can reverse the fact that voters were swayed by this witch hunt gone bad. There's no such thing as recall for the Senate, so not only was irreparable harm done to Stevens, but also to the State of Alaska, who has to live with a Senator who in light of the facts wouldn't have been elected.

The honorable thing to do would be for Begich to resign and submit to a fair special election, and that ain't gonna happen. Holder might have put party politics aside, but there's no way Pelosi or Reid would let him resign.

Back