Likewise...

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/15/2003 8:26:17 AM PITbull wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/15/2003 12:18:12 AM DELLDUDE wrote:

not this stuff again?
survival of the fittest in nature and business...thats life...
----------------
[/blockquote]

DEll,

IMHO, there are TWO types of "hearts" in the world in relationship to humanity....Either,

a) You are of the "heart" of "Survival of the fittest",

or

b)You are the "heart" of "My brothers keeper"...

You can tell on these boards who is who.

----------------
[/blockquote]
the shut the light rhetoric cringes me spine,sorry...
imho business like mother nature is very unforgiving.i can go both a & b...
have a nice weekend.

This is an interesting thread as it provides the first offical statement by Bronner and/or airline analyst that say US is actually looking at picking up UA assets.
For the last 3 months, the rumor has been present at ORD for both US workers and UA workers. The rumor goes something like this;
US wants 'alot' of DEN, but in ORD US is looking at 2-4 additional gates and about 25 more flights.

I still count this all as rumor but with official statements by Bronner and airline analyst, it brings the rumor to life and makes it very plausible.

At any rate, presently, we only have 2 gates and 18 flights. IMO US picks up 2 UA ORD gates [although I'm hoping for more].

Tim Nelson
IAMLC1487

It is all about survival of the fittest.

U is a survivor to this point by submission...and that was our only recourse to survive. Argue the facts as you will....and arguement is all you will have!

The comments being leveled at the #2 airline in the world....certainly spells out what would have happened to U had we not conceeded what we have. I realize this is not a popular comment...but they way we had been mis-managed prior , left us with basically few to no options.

I'm not a fan of Dr. Bronner....I do not like the fact that small contributions to our funding is netting him such a large portion of our airline....Nor do I like his public comments. He made a major mistake with his public comments about liquidating the airline without the employees playing along. That comment hurt advanced bookings during the holiday season....to sums beyond belief ..and further demoralized the employee groups to new lows.

Dr, Bronner's comments regarding UA assets are also way too premature....U is still not out from under the gun...or even close to being so. The Pilot Pension fund issues are far from resolved to anyones satisfaction. Then lastly the speculation on the length of the pending war with Iraq and the repercussions from a war are not anything to bank on. The last venture into the sands of the Arab world...had a 36 month decline in our industry....hardly the scenario to be speculating about taking on someone elses assets without a "War Chest" of funding....which U does not currently have. The RSA might have the money for this?....but what kinda return will they demand to use thier funds again? Do we need to give up more?
Keep in mind the ATSB is going to be getting a slice of us for thier $900 Mil.being invested to.

Nobody on earth wants to see U survive....and hopefully grow again , more than myself...but I do not want to see us in deeper debt to a 36.6% holding dictator either by doing so.

I fully realize that in business , RISKS have to be taken to prosper...but I'm afraid that U will be taking all the risks in a UA asset attempt....and everyone else will be the ones that prosper by loaning to us at this point and slightly beyond. Basically i think we need to prove ourselves profitable with conservative aggression...then make leaps with money in the bank to work with.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/15/2003 8:26:17 AM PITbull wrote:

IMHO, there are TWO types of “hearts†in the world in relationship to humanity....Either,

a) You are of the “heart†of “Survival of the fittestâ€,

or

b)You are the “heartâ€; of “My brothers keeperâ€;...

----------------
[/blockquote]

Very good… It is amazing how the truth pierces right through. And I know you happily give the credit to the one who made us love it.

Touche’

Zeph

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/15/2003 4:21:03 PM AOG-N-IT wrote:

It is all about survival of the fittest.

Keep in mind the ATSB is going to be getting a slice of us for thier $900 Mil.being invested to.

----------------
[/blockquote]

AOG,

That's the most peculiar issue, I think. If the ATSB approval is for the gov. to (guarantee) the money to the lender...why in hell is the gov. getting a 10%stake for that???Besides, Corporations who profit pay taxes, how is it that the gov. can invest in a business for profit, when all they offered was a guarantee, no actual cash?

Can someone explain this??

Latest posts