Could This Be A Possible Scenario?

robbedagain

Veteran
Oct 13, 2003
Visit site
Could this be a possible scenario: With AMFA Mechnaics on strike, and if it persists to the point whereas NWA files CH11, say that NWA files to get out of paying the mechanics penisons, as well as fire all of those striking workers, then NWA wouldnt have an obligation to pay on those pensions? Could that be a possible scenario? If it is, then I'd have to say that is or would be a dirty low down way of gettin out of penison. And I'd have to wonder if that is what their game plan is along the way.

robbedagain said:
Could this be a possible scenario: With AMFA Mechnaics on strike, and if it persists to the point whereas NWA files CH11, say that NWA files to get out of paying the mechanics penisons, as well as fire all of those striking workers, then NWA wouldnt have an obligation to pay on those pensions? Could that be a possible scenario? If it is, then I'd have to say that is or would be a dirty low down way of gettin out of penison. And I'd have to wonder if that is what their game plan is along the way.
[post="290370"][/post]​

Would you expect anything less from greedy airline management?

then NWA wouldnt have an obligation to pay on those pensions?

A pension is a future liability. Once it has been earned, it doesn't go away if you leave the company, for whatever reason. Also, remember that much of the pension obligation is to current pensioners or other that have already been laid off.

First I wouldnt expect much of anything from mgmt as I went thru hell at US Airways and now furloughed.
Even though the pension is a liability, that didnt bold well enough for us at USAIR and for those at united. Too bad that congress didnt do anthing sooner to protect our pensions.

Latest posts

Back