Couple more pics of re-done A330's, yikes!

D

delta777

http://www.airliners.net/discussions/gener...d.main/3347099/

Scroll down a few messages and see for yourself. Who in the Hell in Tempe signed off on these modifications? I've sat in some snug seats before, but those are insane! How the heck is somebody supposed to see the t.v. in the seatback in front of them when its sitting on their lap? The A330's used to have a rather generous 33-34 inch pitch, now they're absolutely horrid. The seats do look like they offer generous padding, but it simply can't work with only 31 inches of pitch.

Price of everything and value of nothing rears it's head again.

Europe is a premium revenue destination so if we follow Tempe's logic then the next reconfig will be to 30" of seat pitch.

Wonder what the coach seat pitch is on DL, CO, LH, BA across the pond. I think I'll go look, and edit the post. My suspicion is that once again the Sandcastle's comment that "MOST" airlines have a 31" seat pitch will be exposed for the bald faced LIE that it is. Let's see shall we?

I juct checked DAL, says 31-33 inches of pitch on the 767-300/400 and 777. I think the problem LCC is running into is the fact that the seats themselves are too bulky, thus the overhang into your neighbors lap. The seats themselves look like they offer pretty good cushioning, but something has to give with all that padding.

Coach Class on Tranatlantic Carriers courtesy of Seat Guru

LH-32"
CO-32"
AA-33"
DL-32"
AF-32"
BD-32"
LX-32"
BA-31"

Bob,

I feel compelled to mention that while BA may be on a par with US's new re-configured 330's pitchwise, they offer an attractive option for people who aren't motivated by the cheapest ticket: Their Premium Economy class is cheaper than US's cheapest "upgradeable" Y ticket!

Latest posts