Cyprus - Canary in the coal mine?

I actually do have have my own business. I have had it for 7 years. Tough work owning your own entity. Kudos to you E.

My eyes are open.

We are all underpaid. One thing is that it generally takes two to make a pay contract. Unless of course you are talking about CEO's and compensation committees who scratch each others backs. If they are public, the shareholders must stand up.

If they are private, they pay themselves, so no holds barred.
Good luck with that!
Kudos to running your own business!
Tough row to hoe, but I have learned "A LOT"!

I don't regret nor am I ashamed of the duty I served in the NWA strike.
Those scab pickets at their homes was my favorite!
Sadly, my ScabMobile was trashed in 2009.

But, that was then and this is now.

Take Care,
B) xUT

Back to the original topic.

I don't think Cyprus is the Canary in the Coal Mine. At least not yet. Cyprus is a harbinger of what could happen to any debt ridden country/economy.

It's quite an interesting study in contrast when you look at 2 island nations (Iceland, Cyprus) and how they've handled their respective fiscal crisis. In Iceland, the Banksters that caused the collapse are in jail. In Cyprus their Banksters are running hat in hand to the European Central Bank looking for a bailout while giving their citizens a fiscal haircut with more in the offing.

There are lessons to be learned from these 2 nations. We won't learn them until the poop is on the fan. (Some would argue that it's already on the fan) as that has been the history of the USA.

Back to the original topic.

I don't think Cyprus is the Canary in the Coal Mine. At least not yet. Cyprus is a harbinger of what could happen to any debt ridden country/economy.

It's quite an interesting study in contrast when you look at 2 island nations (Iceland, Cyprus) and how they've handled their respective fiscal crisis. In Iceland, the Banksters that caused the collapse are in jail. In Cyprus their Banksters are running hat in hand to the European Central Bank looking for a bailout while giving their citizens a fiscal haircut with more in the offing.

There are lessons to be learned from these 2 nations. We won't learn them until the poop is on the fan. (Some would argue that it's already on the fan) as that has been the history of the USA.
How many 'banksters' have been prosecuted in the US?
IIRC = NONE
Today is business as usual.
B) xUT

How many 'banksters' have been prosecuted in the US?
IIRC = NONE
Today is business as usual.
B) xUT

Sadly you are correct. However as the Liberty Movement grows and if financial conditions decline we may see the people rise up in anger. I guess I'm just a starry eyed optimist.