DAL/NWA Merger Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHLfa88

Veteran
Jan 19, 2004
Just saw on CNBC that DAL and NWA are going to Announce their merger on thursday after the boards meet tomorrow, said pilots are on board! <_<

Just saw on CNBC that DAL and NWA are going to Announce their merger on thursday after the boards meet tomorrow, said pilots are on board!

Wow, I sure hope you're wrong about that... I can't seem to find any news online regarding any such "announcement"... so let's stay hopeful that maybe you had a momentary hallucination... :unsure:

Wow, I sure hope you're wrong about that... I can't seem to find any news online regarding any such "announcement"... so let's stay hopeful that maybe you had a momentary hallucination... :unsure:

No announcement...and no merger. Even if they do, it will not consummate (you have not even began to see the opposition unfold)

These rags of a newspaper can create the "needs" for a merger till the cows come home. Notice how none (including analysts) have stated as to how this merger would benefit a larger NW "long term" vs. a standalone NW (perhaps in their pipe dream of a de- Unionizing NW)

If Steenland sees the dire need for NW to merge, perhaps we need to revisit the bankruptcy court and ask the Judge what happened to the plan for NW employee's Billions needed for a viable standalone future. Return OUR Billions, then you can merge. (that certainly will put an end to "pilot" raises)

For everyone's information,

This was discussed in the DL forum. We do not permit the same thread to be started in multiple forums.

Also, according to the other posts in the DL thread, it was an old clip, and the rumor is false.

Therefore this topic is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back