NWA BK2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alice Cramden

Advanced
Dec 23, 2006
Visit site
Just curious if NWA would file BK again, why?

Dump existing pensions, including pilots?
Contract busting?
Union busting?
Trash stock-make it cheaper for DAL to swap?
Dump any planes, equipment, whatever?

Could it be to make DAL the debtor in possession? If anybody goes BK, it is Ch7.

No flambait here, just curious if NWA did file...again, why? What would be the advantage, disadvantage?

UAL filed for the second time only 2.5 years out of the first bankruptcy. They still can't get it right.

With all the news with the FDIC, Freddie Mac, et al, it's really scarry. Desparate times, desparate measures.

Thoughts anyone?

UAL filed for the second time only 2.5 years out of the first bankruptcy. They still can't get it right.
You must mean US, not UA - although UA's trip through BK lasted a long time it was only one trip. And there was only 1.5 years between the US BK's, not 2.5...

Jim

You must mean US, not UA - although UA's trip through BK lasted a long time it was only one trip. And there was only 1.5 years between the US BK's, not 2.5...

Jim

Yes, I don't know why I have in my mind UAL as gone through 2 BK's. I recall CAL and US going through two and have survived both, are there any more that you can recall and are still here?

Still I wonder if NWA filed BK again, what would be the point? BK rules have changed.

I recall CAL and US going through two and have survived both, are there any more that you can recall and are still here?
If there were others I don't recall them - at least any that survived other than in name (unlike the reincarnations of PanAm or Midway).

Of course, CO's 1st BK was under the early 80's rules so was a different animal than the recent BK's. In those days, labor contracts were treated as any other contract and abrogated pretty much at will, which is what Lorenzo used that BK for.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back