Dave Siegel - Potomac Officers Club

pitguy said:
usfliboi,

I thought you were a Flight Attendant. When do you fly? It appears like you are always here. Just curious.
Im always here? You ever heard of LAP TOP? rofl

Cosmo said:
usfliboi:

USA320Pilot is certainly entitled to his opinions and to express them here. Similarly, I am entitled to my opinions and can (and often will) express them here, whether or not they agree with anyone else, including USA320Pilot. Moreover, I can (and often will) point out when facts contradict somebody's opinions, including those of USA320Pilot. That's all I did in my post above.

The real question that your post inspires is: what do you add to the discussion? At least USA320Pilot provides some information and gives his opinions (and sometimes opinions disguised as "facts") on various subjects, regardless of whether anyone agrees with him or not -- and often most, if not all, others don't, especially when the discussion involves United. OTOH, you're nothing more than an cheerleader for USA320Pilot, offering no original thoughts of your own. Why bother?
Obviously you havent done your home work. Go back and read!

USflyboi: My Name is NOT KITTY!!!!!!!!! Please read ktflyhome!!!!!!! Maybe if you would read things you would not get so mixed up. : :huh:

It's pretty obvious Dave is shaping our mainline system to complement the United system so the combination can compete with the other “BIG TWOâ€￾. He’s converting most of our east coast domestic system to express and moving the Boeing and Airbus equipment to long haul routes like the Caribbean etc. The big question now is who and how many of us make it to the combine mainline and how many will have to find a new career path when expressed….. Based on his remarks he obviously thinks the reservation dept is over paid … look out INT, PIT.

Magsau:

Magsau said: "If I posted information that you felt was detrimental to you and your company would you dare defend that? If I posted as fact or insider information that certain portions of your company were going to be sold, that your company was not going to meet its financial covenants etc. and you had first hand knowledge that this was bogus, would you sit idly by and not retort?"

USA320Pilot comments: Magsau, what I post is accurate. Could it change? Absolutely. For example, who publicly reported before it was announced the previous United - US Airways merger, the AMR carve out, the AMR ambivalence, the 21-day Hart-Scott-Rodino Act notice, the domestic alliance, the Star alliance, and many, many more items?

Moreover, maybe a corporate transaction could just save United Airlines and its employees jobs by creating a stronger company, especially since the company continues to financially hemorrhage.

(See Story)

Historically mature industries have consolidated as a means to lower costs by creating economies of scale. Furthermore, the United E&FA Department (prior to September 11) told the United board the combined business entity would add additional incremental revenue of $1.6 to $1.9 billion per annum. The business opportunity between the two companies is compelling and without such a deal, neither carrier may survive.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

The poster here brings a new meaning the term long suffering, as we all suffer listening to the same mantra..... :p

Who knows, maybe Jetblue or LUV will buy both U and UAL out, and give everyone a big fat raise to make restitution for working at U under duress for years on end. :lol:

USA320Pilot said:
USA320Pilot comments: Magsau, what I post is accurate. Could it change? Absolutely. For example, who publicly reported before it was announced the previous United - US Airways merger, the AMR carve out, the AMR ambivalence, the 21-day Hart-Scott-Rodino Act notice, the domestic alliance, the Star alliance, and many, many more items?
Yeah, but you have been off on the UA bankruptcy items any number of times, and in fact misrepresented the latest hearing and the judge's ruling, as refuted by the poster you quoted.

He's got a point.

Clue:

Clue said: "Yeah, but you have been off on the UA bankruptcy items any number of times, and in fact misrepresented the latest hearing and the judge's ruling, as refuted by the poster you quoted."

USA320Pilot responds: Clue, with all due respect, I disagree with your comment above. However, if I have been wrong in the past, I always admit my mistake.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
USA320Pilot responds: if I have been wrong in the past, I always admit my mistake.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
If you admit your mistakes then how come we are still waiting for your explanation of the "painful" clause the big bad company will invoke on the IAM.

Someone is not being truthful again!

USA320Pilot said:
Clue:

Clue said: "Yeah, but you have been off on the UA bankruptcy items any number of times, and in fact misrepresented the latest hearing and the judge's ruling, as refuted by the poster you quoted."

USA320Pilot responds: Clue, with all due respect, I disagree with your comment above. However, if I have been wrong in the past, I always admit my mistake.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
Regarding the judge's tone at the United bankruptcy hearing in relation to extending the carrier's period of exclusivity to file a POR, you were clearly proved wrong by magsau who, unlike you, actually attended the hearing. Why can't you just admit it?

Wow, the word "denial" doesn't even begin to describe the way you think!