DAVEY BRONNER ''BLINK''?

delldude

Veteran
Oct 29, 2002
Downrange
www.youtube.com
tell me what you think here...i get info online before i go in 3/11PIT(12-18-02).read AFA is in talks with U.....oh yeah?..hmmm,vewy vewy interesting.......prenuptual to marriage here is company(management)takes more cuts ,goes distance with all other labor groups....or AFA doesn''t even want to start talks.flash back to 12-17-02, 3pm-already saw company ''ultimatums'' on web...duh ..come into work...silence...long drawn out looks on faces of all on daylite...worst case scenario''s abound-(then if AFA no want talk,why we waste time negotiating anyway?)flash to 12-18-02.....at work 3/11pm....see now on vmcms system a bulletin from pal dave...all of sudden say management going on board with 6.5 years concession pack jez likes da werkin'' folk.. whoa...AFA told bronner to get screwed,or negotiate.....what explains the sudden change in AFA''S heart..i know it wasn''t anything ''we'' did.....GOD BLESS THE AFA FOR HAVING''BALLZ'' .....i truly think bronner blinked......refute me please!

I don't think Bronner blinked, I think he flinched after his little gaffe in announcing a possible "Chapter 7" in the press right before the holidays. Possibilty because just about everyone wanted to hit him in the nose. It's also possible he realized he could make more money by keeping us operational for the time being. I believe Bronner was totally clueless about the effect such an announcement would have on our bookings.I figure he thought he'd just scare the employees. And just maybe Dave S. had some strong words to say to him as well. I'm sure Dave S. doesn't want to go down in airline history with a Chapter 7 as his legacy at the Majors.

And I'm willing to bet our never shy cockroaches wrote, called and emailed their opinions directly to Bronner. I am positive he never understood the loyalty of that group!

Now, if Bronner was a classy guy, he'd offer some small perks to our FF's just to get them back in OUR seats. Where they want to be and where we need them to be. First off, rescind those $100 change fees like everyone else has to date.

Thank you, my precious little bugs! We just might be getting some good news around here for a change!

Dave was in Montgomery, AL with Bonner on Monday after Dave left DCA while threatening the CWA.[BR][BR]Maybe Chris Chiames, Dave's PR man realized they made a boo boo

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/19/2002 6:33:12 AM Dea Certe wrote:

I don't think Bronner blinked, I think he flinched after his little gaffe in announcing a possible "Chapter 7" in the press right before the holidays. Possibilty because just about everyone wanted to hit him in the nose. It's also possible he realized he could make more money by keeping us operational for the time being. I believe Bronner was totally clueless about the effect such an announcement would have on our bookings.I figure he thought he'd just scare the employees. And just maybe Dave S. had some strong words to say to him as well. I'm sure Dave S. doesn't want to go down in airline history with a Chapter 7 as his legacy at the Majors.

And I'm willing to bet our never shy cockroaches wrote, called and emailed their opinions directly to Bronner. I am positive he never understood the loyalty of that group!

Now, if Bronner was a classy guy, he'd offer some small perks to our FF's just to get them back in OUR seats. Where they want to be and where we need them to be. First off, rescind those $100 change fees like everyone else has to date.

Thank you, my precious little bugs! We just might be getting some good news around here for a change!
----------------
[/blockquote]

*wave*

I faxed my AA receipts for x-mas travel to Consumer Affairs with an attached letter, and fired off an e-mail to the same effect to Dave, Ben, Bronner, and Mike Isom. To be fair, I also ran over to PIT yesterday and got paper tickets for an upcoming trip [img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/8.gif'] .

Just as an aside--while things like the $100 change fee are immediately noticed by the VFF, they are also noted by the once a year flyer who gets bitten by them, and then vows never to fly US again. I've seen that happen more times than I wish to count. I know of people who don't mind the fare differential, but who will drive to CLE twice a year to take LUV because they don't get gouged--this is the type of revenue that could help put U over the top (and it has to be incrementally more than the ticky tack stuff pulled in by the "enhanced" fees).

Ummmm Bonner although with alot of power isnt running this airlines day to day ops. I believe he and dave both made that clear when he invested into the airline!

trvlr64,

You mean to tell me he didn't even have the courtesy to send you a form letter, thanking you for your "concern"?

Seems rather rude to me. Perhaps he was buried neck deep in other letters. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt for the moment and that with all the holiday cards the postal service may be running bit behind.

I don't think he had any idea the can of roaches he opened by spouting off to the press. I'll bet he knows now!

Thanks for taking the time. Please let us know when and if you get a reply. It will be most interesting.

I agree that Bronner is a finance geek, and sees what he's doing as an exercise in money management. I'd expect something better from a guy entrusted with people's retirement, but he's doing his job, and I don't begrudge him that.

He should have left it to US management to drop the Chapter 7 bomb, and kept his pie hole firmly in check in the press--his actions have to impacted booking negatively (mine included).

One wonders if perhaps Mr. Bonners mouth ran ahead of his brain. If I'm not mistaken, Mr. Bonner's group owns several aircraft that US Airways is paying lease payments on. These would of course stop if he forced US to shut down. Since the desert is currently full of aircraft of every age and description, his aircraft probably aren't worth enough to pickle them. His best interest is served by keeping US flying and making those lease payments.