Delta and United Drag Down Airline Sector

Status
Not open for further replies.
WorldTraveler said:
you call whoever you want.

but think it through real clearly and you might want to talk to Kevin first.

I show up at your doorstep.

and my rolodex is full of 404 715 numbers.
Come on and show up on my door, are you threatening me and/or Kevin?

I would ask the same question of you.

and no you don't want me to show up at your door.

I want you to learn how to discuss what is on the forum and keep it here.

but if you can't, I have my plan B.

Glenn Quagmire said:
DL's results were "meh", or underperforming of what was expected.
Those merger synergies have played out and other carriers will be capitalizing at the expense of a few widgets.
Of course, other "Synergies" are just starting to come to fruition.
The Trainor facility is now producing 80 % of DL's domestic fuel and they are also researching buying their own tanker.
Wonder how long before others capitalize that?

Maybe DL can sell them fuel!

wow... didn't hear about the tanker.

where did you hear that, southwind?

To transport fuel from where?

I heard DL is talking to Venezuela. is that what you hear?

What DL did with Trainer can't be replicated with the same results because of the assets that were associated with it and the location of Trainer to DL's hubs.

WorldTraveler said:
I show up at your doorstep.
You sure you don't want that one back?

and my rolodex is full of 404 715 numbers.
So are a lot of people's...

southwind said:
... and they are also researching buying their own tanker.
I've heard that too. To be honest, I thought it was one of those things where they sort of throw it out there just to see how far it'll go.

Would be kinda fun to see, though...

Hey, they want to be a "transportation company," right? We've already got planes, and trucks. A ship would only be logical...

I don't want to show up at anyone's door, Kevin.

But I also want a board that protects the privacy of what is said on here.

The moderating staff is the ONLY mechanism by which content is deemed inappropriate or not.

Anyone who wants to impose their own system might find "pushback" and I'm not talking about 319s and 717s.

Trainer was a refinery that no one wanted. DL obviously had to invest money in it.
It was designed for African crude.

But it came with pipelines to DL's LGA and JFK facilities.

DL has rebuilt it to process domestic crude. I heard it was coming by rail.

It also was always intended to process a higher percentage of jet fuel than nearly all other US refineries for whom jet fuel is a proportional byproduct.

I still want to hear about the tanker.

DL came up with a fuel cost that was lower than any other US airline in the most recent quarter. UA is the only other carrier besides DL that provides monthly fuel guidance.

It is likely DL will repeat the same thing this quarter.

A few cents savings in jet fuel prices compared to other carriers on a $10 billion/year fuel bill more than pays for the upgrades to the refinery and the operational losses. Less than ten cents a gallon and DL has paid off the refinery in a year.

DL estimates that it will produce jet fuel at a $2-3/barrel discount to the industry this year.

feel free to do the math.

WorldTraveler said:
I don't want to show up at anyone's door, Kevin.

But I also want a board that protects the privacy of what is said on here.

The moderating staff is the ONLY mechanism by which content is deemed inappropriate or not.

Anyone who wants to impose their own system might find "pushback" and I'm not talking about 319s and 717s.
More threats

you certainly didn't read it since you say you aren't literate, right? :)

the oral tradition is alive and well.

now, do you think we can do a better job tomorrow and the next day and the next of pursuing our mutual desires to participate on this website?

I think we can do better.

or you cant stand to see how Kev sees things how they are at the current delta compared to when you were there   times have changed  mgmt. has change like underwear  

Reactions: 1 person
it all started here, meto.

One airline to rule them all...
there was a discussion before. Jim teed it up.

Even Q participated.

we can have a discussion forum where issues are rationally discussed or we can have the Romper Room mentality that runs rampant here because we have a few juveniles who can't accept any criticism or counter discussion without turning the forum into a shooting match.

it's unpatriotic what goes on here most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.