Delta announces 5% raises for April 1.

I'm not sure what you're trying to imply. That sounds almost exactly like here. I can count on one hand the times I've been mando'ed in the last 10 years (and have some fingers to spare). We can certainly leave early if we want to, but we don't get sent home if there's no flight activity.

I'm not sure what you're trying to imply. That sounds almost exactly like here. I can count on one hand the times I've been mando'ed in the last 10 years (and have some fingers to spare). We can certainly leave early if we want to, but we don't get sent home if there's no flight activity.

What I mean and maybe it’s more in the Hubs for Delta but those of us who are FT at AA are guaranteed 40 hour lines. Management can’t reduce hours for FT (protected) because of any Seasonal drops in flight activities.

Reading the Facebook Group it sounds as if the Company reduces those FT line hours at their whim. (Less hours certain times of the year)

We only see hours reduced basically seasonally for overtime. Less flights, less extra hours.

When they eliminated Ready Reserve and went to this current set up, they were originally planning to have 40 & 20 hour lines. That went as you might expect, and they quickly backpedaled toward what we have now.

As part of that, they also made sure to note that anyone that had a 40 hour line would still have one going forward (assuming they wanted it, of course). A quasi-grandfathering, if you will.

Might not be the same start time or RDO pattern, but it’s there. So far—at least in my station— that’s held true.

When they eliminated Ready Reserve and went to this current set up, they were originally planning to have 40 & 20 hour lines. That went as you might expect, and they quickly backpedaled toward what we have now.

As part of that, they also made sure to note that anyone that had a 40 hour line would still have one going forward (assuming they wanted it, of course). A quasi-grandfathering, if you will.

Might not be the same start time or RDO pattern, but it’s there. So far—at least in my station— that’s held true.

Ok but you and I are both in small stations (now) where I’m sure it’s very different from your Hubs just like it is in mine.

My Station has a very high turnover because more junior people who don’t have FT or have the flexibility to manipulate the hours or shifts they want/need are hopping over to MIA every time there’s openings. The latest exodus will see about 7 leave. But this time our GM is putting in for 8 FT Transfers openings to maybe try to create a little more stability. Not to mention there’s only 1 name on the PT Transfer list so he’d have to hire off the street and that’s a PITA as far as training.

Because of MIA I think the future for FLL is going to inevitably have to be all FT if they want to slow the flow?

RDO? “Regular Day Off” or “Rotating Days Off”?

Hopefully not rotating because I’ve never agreed with that concept. And that’s even back when I had no time and little hope of touching the days off for many future years to come.

“Regular Day Off.” No rotating days off on the ramp (that I know of).

Here read this weird letter and you’ll understand why I asked.

DB0478F0-C04E-4431-90C9-1E3125774B90.jpeg

talked to a delta guy the other day and my big take-away was that their crew chiefs (ala), will be getting a huge bump in their premium pay on april 1, to $3.53/hr. we're still at $2.20/hr crew chief premium and i believe united lead premium is still under $2/hr. he also told me that delta is cutting their hours, so, he was a bit cynical about everything. delta knows our contract better than most of us at aa. they tell us we'll be at $34.27/hr by april 1.

united ramp guys telling me that the company has broken off talks with the iam. united is insisting on a 2 year deal, similar to the recent united amt contract. united workers in shock that aa gives aa workers more 'state leave' days than united. 5 days x 2 days. i thought the number would be standard/uniform for workers in the same city/state.

other news is aa profit sharing. i'm hearing 7%-10% from a good source. those big numbers make sense to me, due to so many FSCs with 2 years or less seniority and they're looking at $3k-$4k checks. that leaves a lot for everyone else. remember - $180 million divided by 30,000 is a clean $6k. that isn't the formula, and it makes sense that the percentage of wages will be higher than anticipated, due to so many getting $3k-$4k checks - lower than the $6,000 clean division. another bloc of workers have to get much more to balance out that $6k average.

talked to a delta guy the other day and my big take-away was that their crew chiefs (ala), will be getting a huge bump in their premium pay on april 1, to $3.53/hr. we're still at $2.20/hr crew chief premium and i believe united lead premium is still under $2/hr. he also told me that delta is cutting their hours, so, he was a bit cynical about everything. delta knows our contract better than most of us at aa. they tell us we'll be at $34.27/hr by april 1.

united ramp guys telling me that the company has broken off talks with the iam. united is insisting on a 2 year deal, similar to the recent united amt contract. united workers in shock that aa gives aa workers more 'state leave' days than united. 5 days x 2 days. i thought the number would be standard/uniform for workers in the same city/state.

other news is aa profit sharing. i'm hearing 7%-10% from a good source. those big numbers make sense to me, due to so many FSCs with 2 years or less seniority and they're looking at $3k-$4k checks. that leaves a lot for everyone else. remember - $180 million divided by 30,000 is a clean $6k. that isn't the formula, and it makes sense that the percentage of wages will be higher than anticipated, due to so many getting $3k-$4k checks - lower than the $6,000 clean division. another bloc of workers have to get much more to balance out that $6k average.

Ironic that in my mind I’ve thought for a while that the Crew Chiefs stipend should be $3.50 minimum. Still not enough for me to take the spot permanently but it will push me to take acting CC. I like the shift and days off I get staying just an Agent. $34.27 is our contractual 2% raise.

The State leave in Illinois is 5 days. No Company can penalize anyone for taking that. But contractually we do get 10 days per year. The issue is if you use your State leave they can’t give you any points. United hasn’t broken off talks. They go back to talk to them on Feb 16. Now that Delta went to 5% be ready for UAL to only go 1% above that. $35.64 DOS. (IMO) That tops both Delta and the recently ratified SWA AW at $35.00. IAM’s big sticking point is wanting our Protection language.

AA Profit Sharing I’ll wait and see?

talked to a delta guy the other day and my big take-away was that their crew chiefs (ala), will be getting a huge bump in their premium pay on april 1, to $3.53/hr.
Supposedly the override is moving to 10% of whatever your base rate is (with a minimum of $2.50/hr.). That's up from a current $1.75/hr. $3.53 would represent 10% of the proposed schedule I've seen published.

I'll be interested to see how--or if-- that helps with retention. In some cities, it's been really hard to get people to hang onto their radios.

Supposedly the override is moving to 10% of whatever your base rate is (with a minimum of $2.50/hr.). That's up from a current $1.75/hr. $3.53 would represent 10% of the proposed schedule I've seen published.

I'll be interested to see how--or if-- that helps with retention. In some cities, it's been really hard to get people to hang onto their radios.
Very glad to see the crew chief prem at 10%. Our leads here get 6% over Mechanics all in rate and QC Leads get another 6% (over inspector) for a total of 12% over Mechanics all in rates. With our newly MXI system, it puts a lot more work onto the leads that was a sups workload. and I would be all for a lead prem for the Mechanics Leads to rise to the 10% as at Delta now.

FYI on profit sharing, ours was at 2-4% this time. At least still positive after the fiasco last year costing them 1 Billion and SWA investing 1.3 Billion into the IT arena. We were all thinking there would be no profit sharing after the huge fiasco, or at expecting no profit sharing this time around.

• Haha
Reactions: WeAAsles
Very glad to see the crew chief prem at 10%. Our leads here get 6% over Mechanics all in rate and QC Leads get another 6% (over inspector) for a total of 12% over Mechanics all in rates. With our newly MXI system, it puts a lot more work onto the leads that was a sups workload. and I would be all for a lead prem for the Mechanics Leads to rise to the 10% as at Delta now.

FYI on profit sharing, ours was at 2-4% this time. At least still positive after the fiasco last year costing them 1 Billion and SWA investing 1.3 Billion into the IT arena. We were all thinking there would be no profit sharing after the huge fiasco, or at expecting no profit sharing this time around.

SWAMECH (swamp) how are you responding to this posting? You have me on ignore which you repeat countless times. When you have someone on ignore unless you choose to you can’t see ANYTHING they post. That includes comments or threads, 😂

We have the same problem at AA with people not wanting to take CC. You lose a lot of flexibility not to mention better shifts and days off and management pushing the responsibilities of lazy workers onto their backs.

BTW 10% of whatever your base rate is sounds a little like longevity pay.

Not a bad idea but in that case they should go even a little higher. Let’s say 15% for anyone over 20 years?

Delta seems to be anticipating our PS payout to be even less than United?

0C8A2BFA-5315-4E88-9BF3-4DB0CECB9971.jpeg

Not looking to hijack the thread for our AA issue but two more pieces to think about.