Delta Bankruptcy Soon

Ms. Fly,
Please tell me that is you on the posters I bought onboard my last UA flight. They said they were being sold by the Supplement Our Salaries (SOS) division of AFA at UA. I was certain that the picture that most caught my eye was of you.

Have I been duped? Please let me know 'cause if I have I need to contact DellDude and get some of his Prozac. Please don't tell me my heart has been crushed.

Hope it doesn't break your heart but there really are corporate strategists who try to figure out how to spin the world to one's advantage. DAL management is being shrewd just like they should be given the huge negative forces facing the industry and the fact that DL is now backed into the corner.

mistified said:
Hummm...... let me think.....
5?
[post="190163"][/post]​

Ok...which ones? And for the purposes of this discussion, I believe we're talking about the current downturn (2001-200?).

AA80Driver said:
Ok...which ones? And for the purposes of this discussion, I believe we're talking about the current downturn (2001-200?).
[post="192008"][/post]​
Oh for the current downturn?
Then that's 3 soon to be 4.
USAir, UAL, Hawiian(?) and maybe DAL?

However from the past we got Eastern,PanAm,CAL, TWA etc......

mistified said:

[post="192080"][/post]​
GOT A POSSIBILITY OF 2 MORE..INDY AIR AND ATA..HEARD ATA CANNOT MAKE ITS LEASE PAYMENTS ON THE B757.S

Was it this one?

pink-girl.jpg

then it wasn't me hehehe

WorldTraveler said:
Like Ray Neidl, I've got a couple lunches bet on DL getting the concessions it needs:
"In my opinion, they're going to get the concessions; I've got a couple of steak dinners bet on that," said Ray Neidl, an airline analyst with Calyon Securities Inc. in New York.
[post="190688"][/post]​
Betting on the wholesale eviscerating of someone's livelihood. Gee, that's a little cold, don't you think?

mistified said:

[post="192080"][/post]​

In addition, don’t forget AA is not far behind. At this moment only CO and NW are still holding their own. I don’t know how long NW will be able to stay out of trouble. Nevertheless, as I see it, DL will go in Nov Chapter 11 and if AA can’t get its cost down they will follow in the first half of 2005.

Just Plane Crazy said:
In addition, don’t forget AA is not far behind. At this moment only CO and NW are still holding their own. I don’t know how long NW will be able to stay out of trouble. Nevertheless, as I see it, DL will go in Nov Chapter 11 and if AA can’t get its cost down they will follow in the first half of 2005.
[post="194424"][/post]​

Um, don't count on AA going Chapter 11 anytime in eary 2005. They have plenty of cash on hand to last through at least through mid 2005...Better check your facts dude. :p

luvn,
Delta pilots will give whether in bankruptcy or not. If you want to call that eviscerating, so be it. And I'm betting on Delta's out-of-bankruptcy turnaround, not the specifics of Delta's turnaround.

I still have my Delta stock which is by far the biggest bet.

Gee World, that's a no brainer...I wouldn't sell at $3 per share either when it was purchased at a much higher price or did I miss something her!! Buy high and sell low....makes sense to me! Not being sarcastic but that simply makes sense you still have your stock. I can't see you bragging about unloading 10,000 shares at $3.05......LOL...then again!