Delta employee arrested in $250,000 theft

We have to enter our employee number to scan flights.

There are cameras everywhere.

At what point does one decide that they might actually get away with it?

Quincy Thorpe, a Delta Ground Services employee, was arrested and charged Thursday related to the alleged theft at JFK Airport. He made his first court appearance and was released after posting $80,000 bond, according to a spokesman for the US Attorney's Office in the Eastern District of New York.

luckily for quincy, he got over $10k in profit sharing last year..so, he was easily able to post the 10%.

if adams was an aa employee and did the same thing, he'd still be sitting in jail.

luckily for quincy, he got over $10k in profit sharing last year..so, he was easily able to post the 10%.

if adams was an aa employee and did the same thing, he'd still be sitting in jail.

What do you mean? Hell, he had 250K burning a hole in his pocket to spend on bond...

Not if he was on the ramp, he didn't...

hmm..isn't jfk a delta hub? i'm assuming he's delta, not ready reserve/contract vendor. i'm also assuming time with the company and say if he earned $72k last year, his 14.1% profit sharing easily covered the $8k for bail.

It's a hub, but your $72k is high-even assuming this guy was FT and at TOS. The 14.1% also assumes no taxes, no elections to fund an HSA, 401k, etc.

The net payouts are ~ half that.

It's a hub, but your $72k is high-even assuming this guy was FT and at TOS. The 14.1% also assumes no taxes, no elections to fund an HSA, 401k, etc.

The net payouts are ~ half that.

what if he earned $80k last year? if he got a check for $7,799 due to putting money in his 401k, then, just take $1 from last year's profit sharing check to come up with $8k for bail.

my point is about compensation.

14.1% vs. 1.4%.

What if he made $22k?
Look, I get it. Trust me. Every F’ing break room on the system had a poster using 14.1 vs. 1.4 on it.

At the same time, DL’s Corp Comm is really good at pushing the idea that we all just roll around in huge piles of cash on Valentines Day. The reality is a lot less dramatic. Most people get a fraction of the numbers you posted. That’s all. ✌️

Latest posts