Delta, Other U.S. Airlines Cut Business Fares, Journal Says

C

chipmunn

[P][FONT face=Times New Roman color=#333333 size=3][SPAN class=pageTitle][STRONG][SPAN]Delta, Other U.S. Airlines Cut Business Fares, Journal Says[/SPAN][/STRONG][/SPAN][/FONT][/P][FONT color=#333333 size=4][SPAN class=pageTitle][SPAN]
[P][FONT face=Times New Roman size=3]ATLANTA (Bloomberg) - Delta Air Lines Inc. is among U.S. airlines cutting business fares to try to bring back corporate customers who are flying less, or using discount carriers, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing unidentified airline officials.[/FONT] [/P]
[P][FONT face=Times New Roman size=3]Complete Story: [A href=http://quote.bloomberg.com/fgcgi.cgi?T=marketsquote99_relnews.ht&s=APd30CxRjRGVsdGEs]http://quote.bloomberg.com/fgcgi.cgi?T=marketsquote99_relnews.ht&s=APd30CxRjRGVsdGEs[/A][/FONT][/P][/SPAN][/SPAN][/FONT]

US has not significantly cut business fares, so far as I can tell.

Then again, I fly primarily from PIT, who won't every see a fare cut by US, even in the face of fare cuts by OA in/out of PIT....

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/22/2002 8:56:59 AM ClueByFour wrote:

US has not significantly cut business fares, so far as I can tell.

Then again, I fly primarily from PIT, who won't every see a fare cut by US, even in the face of fare cuts by OA in/out of PIT....
----------------
[/blockquote]

I've seen a LARGE cut in the DCA-SEA market. My tickets used to run $1600/week, but the same itineraries booked the same time in advance are now running $700/week. This change happened about a month ago.

KCFlyer,

I sense that little dig is directed at me. What I actually said was that you cannot expect US to roll out an across the board fare restructure until their unit costs were under control. However, fare tinkering such as this, as I pointed out to you numerous times, is something that is being done every day in different markets, with different results.

I'd hate to know what my $1550 2.5 hr flight next week was before it was reduced (and CO is $1200, same nonstop - wonder who I'm flying...)

UAL777flyer - Please accept my apology for my sarcastic wit. I suppose what I really meant to say is that the other airlines appear to be publicizing their tinkering, and IMHO, U should do likewise. After all, the public can't buy what it isn't aware of. No offense was intended.