Delta rejects US Airways bid, files own plan

All true, but with US Airways DAL still has a chance. Alone, it's curtains.
Quarter Ending: September 30, 2006

AMR Yield per RPM (cents) 12.80 Operating Cost per ASM (cents)11.02

LCC Yield per RPM (cents) 12.86 Operating Cost per ASM (cents) 11.40

DAL Yield per RPM (cents) 13.35 Operating Cost per ASM (cents) 11.33

Yeah--curtains. Greater yield, less CASM. Boy, those DL guys are hutin'.

Don't count on that widebody seat out of ATL anytime soon.

The Doogie "slash and burn in BK" routine is going to fall flat on it's face when they actually have to operate the airline out at the Sandcastle. Why do you think he's trying to do the DL deal so badly--instead of management competence, they will abuse the BK process for relatively short term gains.

The numbers above speak for themselves. Curtains--more like a 3-chambered water-bong out in the desert.

If Delta was so sure about its stand-alone plan then why would its CEO need to meet with politcians to gain support?

If Delta has so much confidence in its :formal reorgaization" then why beg for politician support?

See Story

What I find interesting is the amount of energy Delta's mamangement team is expending on discrediting US Airways, versus braggin about their own stand-alone plan. Does this seem a little unusual or is this just me?

As I indicated before, today is just the beginning of the hostile takeover attempt. It will be interesting to see what appears in the WSJ tomorrow morning.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

If Delta was so sure about its stand-alone plan then why would its CEO need to meet with politcians to gain support?

If Delta has so much confidence in its :formal reorgaization" then why beg for politician support?

For the same reason that US is begging politicians in PA, NC, and AZ for money for an ops center. They can.

For the same reason that ALPA is begging for pension reform--it can.

Why is US Airways spending so much time on spin if it's plan is so superior?

As for the remainder of the takeover, it's all down to the creditors voting. Doogie has no leverage left. The rest of this is window dressing.

What I find interesting is the amount of energy Delta's mamangement team is expending on discrediting US Airways, versus braggin about their own stand-alone plan. Does this seem a little unusual or is this just me?
So many legitmate targets and so little time. What a shame.

And yes it is just you.

Luv2fly:

I have a very stong feeling I will be working for Doug Parker and you might be too, but there still is the problem of Delta being broken up or framented, which Delta ALPA may greatly contribute to actually happening.

For more important information on today's merger news click here.

Best regards,

USA320Pilot

Luv2fly:

I have a very stong feeling I will be working for Doug Parker

You do work for Parker, and yes, you will most likely stay that way.

but there still is the problem of Delta being broken up or framented, which Delta ALPA may greatly contribute to actually happening.

The interesting thing about your fragmentation theory is how closely is parallels Mr. Ralphcramdens.
I have had discussions with ALPA higher ups. It is interesting to me that they find such a theory baseless. As a matter of fact, I was told the percentage of such a thing happening to be next to nil.
I would venture to guess that your information is coming from selected, relative US ALPA reps. My information is coming from ALPA national.
DL ALPA will not yield under the false pretense that a fragementation will occur, so lets give that unique corporate transaction theory a rest, ok? It is obviously something you have manafested unless of course you wish to reveal your source.

Best regards,

USA320Pilot

It is very interesting to compare and contrast the DL pilots, say, versus US-East.

It looks like DALPA might not have a majority that's quite as fearful as the GAG. Pop the popcorn.