Delta says they will not pay $300 million tariff to take delivery on new rj's

jimntx

Veteran
Jun 28, 2003
Dallas, TX
www.usaviation.com
Just FYI...seems U.S. Commerce department is putting a $300 million import tariff on the airplanes.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/10/11/new...n-no-way-bombardier-tariff-cseries/index.html

But. didn't anyone tell Delta that Prez Trump wants everyone to buy American and make America great again.
There's a price to pay if you buy from other countries--like those evil Canadians who are plotting the downfall of the U.S. by selling us airplanes.

And, no bringing up technicalities such as no one in the U.S.builds a comparable airplane. You still need to buy Amurrican.

P.S. Forgot to add that first they are going to outlaw the sale of pre-shredded cheese to make America grate again.

Last edited:
Just FYI...seems U.S. Commerce department is putting a $300 million import tariff on the airplanes.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/10/11/new...n-no-way-bombardier-tariff-cseries/index.html

But. didn't anyone tell Delta that Prez Trump wants everyone to buy American and make America great again.
There's a price to pay if you buy from other countries--like those evil Canadians who are plotting the downfall of the U.S. by selling us airplanes.

And, no bringing up technicalities such as no one in the U.S.builds a comparable airplane. You still need to buy Amurrican.

P.S. Forgot to add that first they are going to outlaw the sale of pre-shredded cheese to make America grate again.
yikes. Is it that you actually don't know BBD was selling government subsidized planes below cost to Delta or is it that you just don't care?

Also, FYI, Embraer/Brazil is taking BBD/Canada to the WTO over the Delta deal. Guess that's a Trump thing too right? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I don't know how they can impose such a high tariff given that neither boeing nor airbus makes a plane in the 100-130 seat range and not sure how boeing says it would hurt them when they turned around and gave ual a hell of a deal involving the 737 and BO offered DL "used" E 190 but per DL they like the new innovation Bombardier came up with Also with AB bringing it to Alabama what happens to the tariff import? Also may be lit off but DL accuses BO of export import surely a deal involving all parties could be made to settle the dust?

Don'
yikes. Is it that you actually don't know BBD was selling government subsidized planes below cost to Delta or is it that you just don't care?

Also, FYI, Embraer/Brazil is taking BBD/Canada to the WTO over the Delta deal. Guess that's a Trump thing too right? :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Didn't know AND don't care. I was just posting a news story that said the U.S. Dept. of Commerce was about to make buying furrin airplanes very expensive. Don't care about the politics. It's not going to cost me a dime one way or the other.

Last edited:
Delta was correct so far. Airbus just bought Bombardiar and the Mobile newspaper suggest a second assembly line at Airbus. This is bad for our IAM members as the damn IAM leaders simply can't organize themselves out of a closet and it is killing our membership.

And, the benefit would be? Unless Boeing then built an Embraer assembly plant in the U.S. (as AB/BBD is rumored to be doing), it would not fit with Dear Leader's definition of Buy Amurrican.

And, the benefit would be? Unless Boeing then built an Embraer assembly plant in the U.S. (as AB/BBD is rumored to be doing), it would not fit with Dear Leader's definition of Buy Amurrican.

As usual ol' friend, (Us OLD GUYS GOT TO STICK TOGETHER), you're correct, in that...."It won't make a dimes bit of difference to you" (OR ME NEITHER) !!

F Delta, AND the Dear Leader !!!!!!!!!!

(Jim. the 'Cheese' statement was a funny/good one ) !

Reactions: CRASTOR
Thanks. I'm glad somebody "got it." But then, probably only us old guys remember grating the cheese. (To tell the truth, I know I have a cheese grater--the classic tin with different size holes on each side--but I haven't a clue where it is.)

Dear leader has never said such a thing. No issue with Embraer or Airbus as long as they aren't selling airplanes paid for by their respective governments and solid at a loss.
As I have said, Embraer is taking the issue to the WTO, I guess Brazil is all about buy American like trump too.
Don'

Didn't know AND don't care. I was just posting a news story that said the U.S. Dept. of Commerce was about to make buying furrin airplanes very expensive. Don't care about the politics. It's not going to cost me a dime one way or the other.
You clearly do care or wouldn't be saying the dumb stuff like above.

My guess is if American started doing what Norwegian is doing (labor at the cheapest country of choice) you'd be all up in arms about it and begging for Trump's help. Boeing is doing exactly what they should be doing. The US government is doing exactly what they should be doing. Maybe instead of trying to crap on Trump and looking ignorant you should learn more about trade agreements and such.

Jessh liberals man. :confused::confused:

Thanks. I'm glad somebody "got it." But then, probably only us old guys remember grating the cheese. (To tell the truth, I know I have a cheese grater--the classic tin with different size holes on each side--but I haven't a clue where it is.)

Bet your cbeese grater was made in China!

Actually, I went looking and found it this morning. It was made in Denmark. Based on Trump's latest racist comments, I'm assuming that "made in Denmark" is ok with you. The Danish are mostly white people.

Actually, I went looking and found it this morning. It was made in Denmark. Based on Trump's latest racist comments, I'm assuming that "made in Denmark" is ok with you. The Danish are mostly white people.
interesting. When are you moving to Haiti and if you aren't why?

Latest posts