Delta to return Cuba Frequencies.

Nov 9, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Effective February 1, 2018, Delta will return 6 weekly Havana frequencies and result reduce JFK-Havana service to once-weekly Saturday only.

DL says it has experienced "low demand for travel to Cuba from areas outside of South Florida."

OST-2016-0021

Not totally unexpected. Though I would have thought that the New York area in general would have at least enough Cuba traffic for more than 1xweek. I think all the airlines that just couldn't wait to serve Cuba are finding out that there is business to be had if the destination is Havana. If not, then not so much.

Not totally unexpected. Though I would have thought that the New York area in general would have at least enough Cuba traffic for more than 1xweek. I think all the airlines that just couldn't wait to serve Cuba are finding out that there is business to be had if the destination is Havana. If not, then not so much.

Even at HAV, about the only market that is working in MIA.
ATL might be doing alright because it is a fairly short route and works great for connections outside of Florida, but I still question if its profitable.

Delta is asking for another daily flight on MIA-HAV.