Delta's A319/A320 interior mods

Sep 18, 2007
Miami
would look really awesome if they didn't look so cheap and flimsy

http://www.runwaygirlnetwork.com/2014/03/03/video-how-zodiac-is-changing-the-a320-interior/

Hopefully the bins are more robust than they appear. The extra carryon space is a godsend to everyone… passengers, FAs, gate agents, and rampers. Hopefully they keep all the jumpseats for commuters, tho.

Also is it just me or does it seem like the Airbus factory bin latches get flimsier and flimsier with every design cycle?

-astra

robbedagain said:
ad  is delta getting them modified in Singapore?   or where are they doing that at?

That is a good question. I hope other airlines follow suit tho-- I know DL will be retiring the older 320 frames but it would be nice to see AA outfit the US airbuses with this new ISIS interior 

DL used an MRO in SIN to do the A330s.

So if the all mighty DL is so good at the TOC, why outsource all the mods to Singapore?

700UW said:
DL used an MRO in SIN to do the A330s.

So if the all mighty DL is so good at the TOC, why outsource all the mods to Singapore?
I think AAR got the contract for the 757/32S. 
I think the rest of the 737 fleet will get AVOD in PSVs......done by Panasonic of course. 
Delta can do them here...just don't want to. 

Example, look at those winglets on LAN and UPS 767s.....Delta TechOps....not look at the Delta 767s...Asia. 

robbedagain said:
ad  is delta getting them modified in Singapore?   or where are they doing that at?
read above. 
If it isn't AAR I just assume they will be done in checks at SAL or the new Mexico hangar. 

Kev3188 said:
Those 9 words cover so much ground...

As for the mods, do we really need a layout where the lavs are closer to the galleys than they already are?

Kev3188 said:
Those 9 words cover so much ground...

As for the mods, do we really need a layout where the lavs are closer to the galleys than they already are?

and it may well be that DL gets other business as a result of doing insourcing.  It honestly doesn't make any sense for DL to send out its own identical work and then insource if it doesn't get something out of the deal.

As always, there is a lot bigger picture than we see here.

From what I have read, the 320s will go similar to the M88/90s with limited galleys and cabins while the 319s will have more services based on the intended use to Latin America.   But I would like to see confirmation which I'm sure Dawg can provide in time.

WorldTraveler said:

and it may well be that DL gets other business as a result of doing insourcing.  It honestly doesn't make any sense for DL to send out its own identical work and then insource if it doesn't get something out of the deal.

As always, there is a lot bigger picture than we see here.

From what I have read, the 320s will go similar to the M88/90s with limited galleys and cabins while the 319s will have more services based on the intended use to Latin America.   But I would like to see confirmation which I'm sure Dawg can provide in time.
MRO in the US just died, see Mexico thread. 

Back