Dem Amend 1st Amendment?

I wouldn't say the money spent on the campaign was for naught.

Despite losing the headline act, it still wasn't the shellacking the Dems received in 2010. Republicans still kept the house, didn't give up the filibuster in the Senate, and picked up a couple gubernatorial seats. Several of those wins were riding on the coattails of the Romney campaign.

Don't worry, if the Republicants mess up the fiscal cliff, and screw 98% of the country, the next election cycle they would wish they were only getting shellacked, and not but******d...

Just imagine the crocodile tears then
John+Boehner+Boehner+House+Republicans+Discuss+6RVNIteGx52l.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
But money spent on Romney, and his loser cohorts, went for naught.

I don't think who won or lost is really the critical issue.

That kind of money being thrown arround means people are being bought or at least influenced. Think for a second Dog. Let's say I contribute several hundred thousand through a PAC to a winning Candidate, while you being politically active donate $500 of your hard earned dollars. Whose phone call do you think gets returned first? That's the point.

That kind of money being thrown arround means people are being bought or at least influenced. Think for a second Dog. Let's say I contribute several hundred thousand through a PAC to a winning Candidate, while you being politically active donate $500 of your hard earned dollars. Whose phone call do you think gets returned first? That's the point.

^^^^^^^ This.

Let's say I contribute several hundred thousand through a PAC to a winning Candidate, while you being politically active donate $500 of your hard earned dollars. Whose phone call do you think gets returned first? That's the point.

Let's say you contribute several hundred thou to the losing candidate. I contribute $500 to the winner.

Whose call gets taken first?

As far as who owes who what yes. For us the people, less so.

Really? Mutt Romney has more connections then an electric company. Think the big boys feel their contributions wasted? Think again and think harder.

Say you're a law firm in oh Sioux Falls SD. You want some of the states bond work. You call up the folks who worked for the Romney Campaign. They in turn reach out to Mutt Romney who just happens to have a frat buddy who is in Sioux Falls, SD state government. The connection is arranged and then said buddy takes it the next step to the Republican Governor and BINGO, your firm gets some much needed revenue in the form of bond work.

I had a customer who was a Republican candidate for Mayor of PHL. Needless to say he lost. However shortly after the loss they expanded their staff due to??? If you guessed Municiple Bond work from the City of Philadelphia you win. So don't even try to tell me a high dollar donation to Romney was wasted.

Smart money, and these are people obscenely rich on smart money, was spent on Karl Rove.

It won't happen again. Maybe some new kingmaker will take the money, but the smart money will try to be smarter next time.

Smart money, and these are people obscenely rich on smart money, was spent on Karl Rove.

It won't happen again. Maybe some new kingmaker will take the money, but the smart money will try to be smarter next time.

Karl Rove IMO was a joke before the election cycle ever started.