Diversion to TRI

BoeingBoy

Veteran
Nov 9, 2003
Breaking news on MSNBC....

US flight from PHL to IAH diverted to TRI as a result of "threatening" notes found on board. Initial report says the notes possibly indicate a bomb on board.

Jim

Add:

Republic - an E-170.

Add #2:

Flt 3441. MSNBC is reporting that bomb squad is on the scene.

Its definitely Republic. Mainline US Airways doesnt have service to the fourth largest city in the country anymore.

Yes, the news channels are now reporting it as a Republic aircraft operating for US.

Presumably, nothing will be found and this is just someone's idea of a joke - a sick joke but a joke none-the-less. Hopefully whoever caused this will get what they deserve.

Jim

Since I've got to go to PIT for the pilot bid closing in a couple of hours, I'll have to turn that over to someone else. It's almost certainly a prank - probably 99.999% guaranteed.

Cable news is now showing the baggage lined up on the tarmac with the bomb sniffing dogs going thru it.

Jim

When trying to check the flt info. on usairways.com it is given me something to the effect that this is an invalid flt number....go figure.
That's standard procedure at AA. Any time there is an accident/incident/anything bad, they block employees from pulling up any info on the flight involved.

As BB said, it's probably a prank. If so, the prankster is going to find out that no one is laughing.