US Airways Flight 1702. It looks like there is more to the story

EastUS having another meltdown... this time, he's sober it looks like.  
Just remember the excuses these east clowns were coming up with days after the "accident" for the two idiots up front...  Truly, it is embarrassing to be in professional aviation and associated with these turds who try to rationalize this type of accident with their own version of bu!!####.  
Thank god they didn't kill any innocent people.

Reactions: 11 people
EastUS1 said:

Just what kind of sickly twisted, supposedly "airline people" could even possibly be placing "plus votes" for ANYTHING containing the word crashed?

Nevermind, since I see an almost identical posting from a west pilot on another chat room. For the folks at American, well, meet your new "friends" from AWA. A gentle suggestion is to never turn your unprotected backs towards some of them.
If you read the article, "no one came out with any injuries from the accident"  The only injury with a suit filed was during the evacuation coming down the slide.  To me (yes I gave it a thumbs up) that is worthy of a positive vote.  I honestly think you are mistaking all the positive votes for something else that is closer to home with you since now there is evidence that it has turned originally from a blown tire to pilot error.  The fact that nobody was hurt is why I did it.  I am not a pilot, but I will give a positive when any airline accident or incident ends without human injury or worse.  Chill out a get a clue and quit assuming things so quickly.  Since you drove me here to answer you I will now ask a question about the article that peaked a little concern.
Why does the co-pilot have more hours in the A320 than the pilot did?  I believe the difference is around 300hrs.  
By the pilot not following procedures for the medication he took, he is in fact is some trouble.  We as mechanics also have procedures and rules to follow when it comes to meds and work and if we were to not follow them, and got called in to provide a random drug test and hit a positive, we get fired, on the spot with the "0" tolerance.  

Reactions: 9 people
prechilill said:
EastUS having another meltdown... ........
No meltdown here, that's happening out west, so so sorry about the NIC and all the wasted money you idiots spent not to mention all the lost wages in upward movement. The APA can see how you scabs are, geez why not bring up Cali or NYC, you westies are the lowest of the low, true scum!!

Remember cupcake be a "good union pilot".

Reactions: 2 people
as for the 2 pilots involved in that incident  Have they been allowed back to work since the incident or does FAA reg or airline reg prohibit that   How does that process work

Reactions: 1 person
prechilill said:
Just remember the excuses these east clowns were coming up with days after the "accident" for the two idiots up front... Truly, it is embarrassing to be in professional aviation and associated with these turds....

For the pilots at American: Regarding my earlier observations about the character of some of your newest, "fellow pilots" from PHX? = I rest my case.

Reactions: 1 person
EastUS1 said:

For the pilots at American: Regarding my earlier observations about the character of some of your newest, "fellow pilots" from PHX? = I rest my case.
You have no case to begin with, clown.  You defended these nut jobs that cannot even follow basic cockpit protocols.  The truth will set you free, old man.

Reactions: 9 people
swamt said:
Since you drove me here to answer you I will now ask a question about the article that peaked a little concern.
Why does the co-pilot have more hours in the A320 than the pilot did?  I believe the difference is around 300hrs.  
By the pilot not following procedures for the medication he took, he is in fact is some trouble.  We as mechanics also have procedures and rules to follow when it comes to meds and work and if we were to not follow them, and got called in to provide a random drug test and hit a positive, we get fired, on the spot with the "0" tolerance.  
To me, the fact that the proper procedures/protocol weren't followed after the plane was taxiing out and taking off is what is most disturbing. The captain's/fo's hours are of no consequence.
Was it posted to 'out' the east crew? I don't know, and honestly don't care. You guys will have your little pissing match until the day you all retire. Way to show the rest of us airline employees how 'professional' you all are- east and west included.

Reactions: 10 people
blue collar said:
To me, the fact that the proper procedures/protocol weren't followed after the plane was taxiing out and taking off is what is most disturbing. The captain's/fo's hours are of no consequence.
Was it posted to 'out' the east crew? I don't know, and honestly don't care. You guys will have your little pissing match until the day you all retire. Way to show the rest of us airline employees how 'professional' you all are- east and west included.

The company's version of events did not make sense, then the Director of Training was suddenly assigned a new position at Envoy only after a few months on the job in DFW. Bulletins were issued.

Now, it's starting to make sense.

Reactions: 8 people
blue collar said:
You are correct Blue.  I was not trying to blame the diff in hours on anything.  Just thought it was odd that the FO had more hours than the Capt on the same equip.  To me just looks weird (not a pilot here) as shouldn't the FO be a capt by now?  

Swamt,   I do not know the details of the captain but with several fleet types it is not uncommon for the Capt to have less time in the a/c then the f/o.   Capt. may have been Capt on the 737 up until recently.     With the 737 fleet retired there are lots of Capt. on the bus that only have a year in the plane and the f/o has 10 years on it,  but the capt has many more years at the airline than the f/o.

So to answer your question no it is not uncommon among any airline in the country with many fleet types.    SWA is probably the only major that it does not happen since they are a single fleet type.

There are FAA rules that govern such things,  for instance any new Captain on a piece of equipment is limited to high approach minimums for the first hundred hours in type.  This results in airplanes sometimes having to divert to another airport even though everybody else is getting in due to the weather being below the captains limits, not the airplanes.

What actually caused the computer to state "retard", what actually was wrong? On another note, I see why pilots prefer the B737 to A320s. I know computers add another layer of safety, but man, unless its CAT3 ops why does the computer care what runway you about to take off from?

texflyer said:
What actually caused the computer to state "retard", what actually was wrong? On another note, I see why pilots prefer the B737 to A320s. I know computers add another layer of safety, but man, unless its CAT3 ops why does the computer care what runway you about to take off from?
Here is an example of why proper runway for departure is important..

Every parallel RNAV SID is designed with
course divergence after takeoff. A flight
director or autopilot commanded turn into
the airspace between the runways without a
specific ATC clearance to do so is an error
that the flight crew must counter
immediately. If necessary, disconnect the
autopilot and/or turn off the flight director,
immediately turn away from the parallel
runway and return to the correct track.
Flight crews have been violated for allowing
their aircraft to deviate towards the other
parallel runway complex.

http://www.nbaa.org/ops/cns/pbn/201002-american-airlines-dfw-rnav-sid-bulletin.pdf

Reactions: 3 people
Every pilot who has come in contact with a check airman or has been to training in the last year has had the full briefing on this accident.
This is west BS posting this here.
Shame on you.

Reactions: 3 people
PullUp said:
Every pilot who has come in contact with a check airman or has been to training in the last year has had the full briefing on this accident.
This is west BS posting this here.
Shame on you.
Every pilot?

You must be speaking with the check airmen in your head because the check airmen in our flight dept say the blown tire story published in the media was BS. If you have a problem with the story, write the editor.

One other thing Pullyourheadout, this is not the only article that raises serious questions. Do you think it's possible that the tire blew as a result of the aircraft coming down with such force that the aircraft has no nose gear?

It's only a matter of time before the truth comes out.

Here's a couple of other reports raising questions:

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/NTSB-Investigates-Smoking-Plane-at-Philly-Intl-253298041.html

http://www.aeroinside.com/item/3822/us-airways-a320-at-philadelphia-on-mar-13th-2014-rejected-takeoff

Reactions: 6 people