DL Settles with Kip Hedges

On a side note;  CONGRATS to Kip for standing up for what is right.  He chose to settle because it was the amount of the money.  And yes 700 he was paid to be quiet, and Delta did not get a ruling proving they got involved with disrupting a union drive.  Both sides are a win-win.  Employee gets paid off (to be quiet) and company gets away with blocking union organization.  With the back and other issues involved in this case it was not cheap for Delta.  My hat tipped to Kip for standing up and fighting for what is right.  BTW, Anyone know who his representation was held by? And did he have to do it all on his own since the mechanics at Delta are not represented by a union.   Way to go Kip, the results speaks volumes...
for more accurate than on other issues....

and the cost to early retire a 20 plus year employee, even if that is all it came down to, is far less than the cost of having to deal with unions.

let's remember that Kip himself said he is now retired. That means off the property.

he can focus on issues that he is passionate about such as MSP minimum wage but he cannot engage in advocacy activities as a retiree any more than I can.

good morning, Kev.

that is speculation.

May be true but it is still just speculation.

and it still says that if money is the factor that will determine the outcome, DL has a far greater chance of winning than organized labor.

and if Kip can really be bought off to end a suit that he was otherwise certain he would win, then it speaks to his lack of commitment to the movement so that he could personally gain.

just sayin....

you can't develop an argument to a certain point and then drop it when the next logical extension of that point doesn't fit your narrative.

so, did Kip sell out to DL and against the labor movement or is it possible that maybe he really didn't have a case but simply agreed to a settlement that admits nothing on either side and allows him to retire just as if he had put in a full career and gets him off DL property for whatever never to be named reason?

SO, you think Del-DUH is in the clear when it comes to the Below-wing employees huh ?
They lost the election by a mere 500+ votes. Thats probably 500 MORONS, probably (mostly) in DTW who stayed glued to thier I-Phones or whatever the F'n thing they stick in thier ears, listening to RAP Music, than to be interested in a Serious Issue !

Besides.  This time around, Ready Reserves Will be allowed to vote in the next election.
Don't believe me ?
Lets ask the Obama controlled majority of the NLRB  !

Hahahahaha !

eolesen said:
They also paid to avoid having a ruling that shows they don't play by the rules when it comes to organizing campaigns.

I hope he got his retirement and gets to bump WT off of a flight with his seniority one of these days.

Jesus Christ Eric.

S T O P  talking like that.  You're about to give me a coronary.  I mean you're (almost)sounding like a caring human being.
I mean, sticking up for the 'little guy'.  HOLY SHIIT  !!!!
( I guess thats why they say................" NEVER say   NEVER " !

NewHampshire Black Bears said:
SO, you think Del-DUH is in the clear when it comes to the Below-wing employees huh ?
They lost the election by a mere 500+ votes. Thats probably 500 MORONS, probably (mostly) in DTW who stayed glued to thier I-Phones or whatever the F'n thing they stick in thier ears, listening to RAP Music, than to be interested in a Serious Issue !

Besides.  This time around, Ready Reserves Will be allowed to vote in the next election.
Don't believe me ?

Hahahahaha !
wow.... I'm sorry but I don't believe any DL employees are morons or low information voters any more than I can say that we can judge how much people know when they vote for a presidential candidate or a mayor.

a vote is a vote is a vote. They have to use it the way their conviction says they should.

And given that there hasn't even been a representation election called and DL is well on track to another record setting profit sharing payout or converting part of that into higher base pay, there simply is no compelling evidence that a union has done any better job of improving the total compensation and work experience for DL employees relative to their peers at other airlines.

Don't believe me ?

Hahahahaha !
RR's are part of our class/craft and have always been eligble to vote.

Not for nothing, RRs in DTW are some of the strongest union advocates going...

S T O P  talking like that.  You're about to give me a coronary.  I mean you're (almost)sounding like a caring human being.
Make no mistake -- I have no use for unions, but there's something called fair play, and if DL is interfering, they deserved to have their hand slapped. Again.

the courts have ruled that companies do have the right to speak in their own interests.

And again, if DL has done something with Kip that is worthy of a lawsuit that he should be able to win, why did he sell out?

Either there really isn't a case or he has no loyalty to the movement when it comes to making a fast personal buck.

Do you know he sold out?

Making up more lies?

And if he didnt have a case, why did DL pay him off for his silence and not go to trial?

Again, if he had a case, why did he settle with no ability for either side to admit fault and not clean DL for every dime they had and then hang them out to dry in the public square?

WorldTraveler said:
Again, if he had a case, why did he settle with no ability for either side to admit fault and not clean DL for every dime they had and then hang them out to dry in the public square?
The same question can be asked of you, 

If Delta did no wrong then why did the settle? I mean they never do anything wrong*, Kip is completely in the wrong according to you, so why is Delta paying him? 

*other than already getting into trouble for illegally interfering with union elections in the past.... 

Back