DoT Fines US Air $550,000 For Violating Disability Law......Has Cust Svc sunk this low?

Tadjr, The company does not care about following the rules. You, I and every other employee knows how the job is suppose to be done but that does not matter. As a CRO, they train us one way but want us to do it another.

In all honesty, I can say that the only time I''ve seen disabled customers waiting for wheelchairs is at stations where that service is contracted out. Normally if it is handled by our personnel, the WC''s are there or very shortly afterwards. I have heard pages however "Skycap with wheelchair, gate xx" many times. I would also bet a dollar to a Krispy Kreme that U was singled out by a WC advocasy group to make an example in this case.

----------------
On 3/26/2003 6:46:18 PM Severed-N-Happy wrote:

Yes, probably has, no fault of the employees..........why doncha layoff a few more ato service agents there Davey?............

http://biz.yahoo.com/djus/030326/1521001230_1.html

----------------​

And? As usual, you make US look like the only one who was the ''evil'' one. In fairness, how come you didn''t also post this URL?

http://www.dot.gov/affairs/dot01803.htm

Be severed, be happy, move on.

Seven years of SABRE, right.

--Dino

----------------

And as usual, you make yourself out as the board rectum.

To answer your moronic question, maybe because 1-that link and "breaking news" is 3 weeks old and on a DOT website, not a news site, 2-it is not USAIR news , OA news is promptly removed by the moderators , 3-wasn''t posted on the yahoo site for 3/25 nor incorporated into the article cited, and 4-irrelevant to purpose of the topic and its contents.

Be a dinosaur, fossilize, become extinct.

----------------

1. Whether it''s three weeks old or two days old, it was relevent to the subject. US was _not_ the only airline fined. When did ''yahoo'' become the ''offical'' site for all press releases? Is the DOT website ''unoffical''?

2. Relevent to the subject.

3. Be severed and happy, move on.

4. Seven years of SABRE?, how come you avoided this issue?
December 3, 1999, that''s seven years?

5. Your credibility became extinct weeks ago, move on.

--Dino

----------------
On 3/27/2003 5:26:55 PM dinosaur wrote:

----------------
On 3/26/2003 6:46:18 PM Severed-N-Happy wrote:

Yes, probably has, no fault of the employees..........why doncha layoff a few more ato service agents there Davey?............

http://biz.yahoo.com/djus/030326/1521001230_1.html

----------------​

And? As usual, you make US look like the only one who was the 'evil' one. In fairness, how come you didn't also post this URL?

http://www.dot.gov/affairs/dot01803.htm

Be severed, be happy, move on.

Seven years of SABRE, right.

--Dino

----------------​

And as usual, you make yourself out as the board rectum.
To answer your moronic question, maybe because 1-that link and "breaking news" is 3 weeks old and on a DOT website, not a news site, 2-it is not USAIR news , OA news is promptly removed by the moderators , 3-wasn't posted on the yahoo site for 3/25 nor incorporated into the article cited, and 4-irrelevant to purpose and contents as this was not a comparison of US to OA topic.

Be a dinosaur, fossilize, become extinct.

----------------
On 3/27/2003 11:23:37 AM a320av8r wrote:

In all honesty, I can say that the only time I''ve seen disabled customers waiting for wheelchairs is at stations where that service is contracted out. Normally if it is handled by our personnel, the WC''s are there or very shortly afterwards. I have heard pages however "Skycap with wheelchair, gate xx" many times. I would also bet a dollar to a Krispy Kreme that U was singled out by a WC advocasy group to make an example in this case.

----------------​

I received a copy of the DOT consent decree this afternoon. US Airways is being fined $550,000.00 for violations of Part 382 of the Air Carrier Access Act. In numerous instances, we have been found in violation of the regulations pertaining to timely assistance to disabled customers, failure to provide assistance, and failure to provide a timely and dispositive response to customers who contact us about problems with assistance. $400,000.00 of this fine is being suspended provided we as a company spend the $400,000.00 on improving our assistance programs throughout the company. The DOT will monitor our compliance with Part 382 and expects us to report our expenditures for improvements on an annual basis.
Additionally, the DOT has filed with the bankruptcy court as an unsecured creditor for the remaining $150,000.00.
What this means is that under the bankruptcy law, US Airways can file with the court to reject the DOT''s claim if we so desire (similar to rejecting aircraft leases and vendor contracts). While it is not expected that we will do this, the option is available if the folks in CCY are smart enough to take advantage of it.

----------------
On 3/27/2003 8:03:15 PM SpinDoc wrote:

----------------
On 3/27/2003 11:23:37 AM a320av8r wrote:

----------------​

I received a copy of the DOT consent decree this afternoon. US Airways is being fined $550,000.00 for violations of Part 382 of the Air Carrier Access Act. In numerous instances, we have been found in violation of the regulations pertaining to timely assistance to disabled customers, failure to provide assistance, and failure to provide a timely and dispositive response to customers who contact us about problems with assistance. $400,000.00 of this fine is being suspended provided we as a company spend the $400,000.00 on improving our assistance programs throughout the company. The DOT will monitor our compliance with Part 382 and expects us to report our expenditures for improvements on an annual basis.
Additionally, the DOT has filed with the bankruptcy court as an unsecured creditor for the remaining $150,000.00.
What this means is that under the bankruptcy law, US Airways can file with the court to reject the DOT''s claim if we so desire (similar to rejecting aircraft leases and vendor contracts). While it is not expected that we will do this, the option is available if the folks in CCY are smart enough to take advantage of it.

----------------​
Yeah I can just see it now. Take the 400k, spend a few thousand on another sabre quiz and the execs give themselves the rest as a bonus.