Doug Parker: Expect TSA to Become Carry-On Police

I remember changing many a seat cover, the LAX-CLT flight went onto LGW or FRA depending on the routing, lol

Reactions: 1 person
Continental Airlines was the culprit for getting rid of the sizers at the X-ray machine. They were the first U.S. airline to go with the larger size bins which would accomodate rollaboards wheels first instead of sideways. They complained/sued/whatever to get the sizers removed at Denver where they were in fierce competition with United. (A moment's pause for appreciation of the irony.) They claimed that the sizers which were much smaller then put them at a competitive disadvantage because their bins would accept larger bags. The court agreed with Continental. Because passengers could board with larger bags at Denver than at other airports, it sort of forced the rest of us to expand the OH bins.

Well this is being thrown on flight attendants in the cabin who are then asked, "ok to close, ok to close, ok to close". No I'm NOT ready to close. Damn it....the bags don't come on the plane period. If it's not consolidated in the boarding area they will do it on the jetway. F/a's working the back or the C should not have to work miracles for those few pesky passengers and their titanic trunks. Sorry, it's ONE bag and ONE personal item. Capiche?
I agree with you in that the bag situation should be handled before they get on the aircraft. The hysteria to get the door closed when the bags aren't stowed drives me up a wall. If the bags aren't stowed I don't want the door closed period. I can't tell you how many times I've had the an agent or station manager standing at the cockpit door repeating as if in a trance ok to close the door ok to close the door adnauseum as if closing the door will make a big difference when the flight is already 2 hrs. late!

Bob

Reactions: 2 people
The hysteria to get the door closed when the bags aren't stowed drives me up a wall. I can't tell you how many times I've had the an agent or station manager standing at the cockpit door repeating as if in a trance ok to close the door ok to close the door adnauseum as if closing the door will make a big difference when the flight is already 2 hrs. late!

Bob

Bob this company thinks that one gate agent can professionally work a flight by him or herself .... simply not true. This company is more interested in a gate agent reading a 4 page boarding announcement "word for word" than hiring enough people to get a flight boarded professionally.

I use to worked for an airline that was loved by all it's flyer's and we made good boarding announcements without reading them word for word. We had enough agents on duty to work the flight and offer good service at the gate. We were encouraged to use our good discretion when dealing with a customer's needs, this company says using discretion leads to inconsistency in service leading to bad service .... ????

People loved us then ... they despise us now????

Reactions: 4 people