Doug Parker - Guest Speaker at CLT Business Journal's

In Japan, disgraced executives will sometimes commit suicide. Something to do with restoring one's honor that they have lost. Anyone remember Budd Dwyer from Pennsylvania?
They showed that happen on the news in Philly. I think he was in Meadville if I remember?

They showed that happen on the news in Philly. I think he was in Meadville if I remember?

He was a state treasurer, I believe. Not sure if it happened in Meadville. He did graduate from Allegheny College in Meadville, however. He did his act on live television when most kids were on a snow day away from school. Poor kids were traumatized for life. I was at the Air Force Reserve base at PIT when I saw it. My jaw was dragging for a good part of the day.

Leave DP to finish the job of putting the airline together.

You 'gotta be kidding! He is not putting it together ... 'he' is fractionalizing, dividing and alienizing almost every employee group in this yet to be merged/combined/ whatever, Company, as far as I can see!

My recent attempts to ascertain my positions as a Retiree have resulted in a shocking display of lack of organization within a Corporate Structure. Most all functions common to a Corporation seem to have been out-sourced at USAIRways ... and there is no infra-structure to create adhesiveness. I.E., .. no one seems to know what is going on!

I do not believe there is effective Leadership at USAIRways ... but then again ... what else is new???

2B

Back