Doug Parker on US Airways

I think he also said, paraphased................... there is no cost advantage to having happy employees.

I am not sure this is a true statement. While there may not be a direct cost advantage to happy employees, there may be secondary cost advantages such as the fact that happy employees are usually more productive, less likely to call in sick if they are capable of working, and perhaps less likely to make mistakes on the job.

That said, what happy employees are most likely to contribute to the bottom line is more revenue, since happy employees do a better job at making customers happy, and therefore more likely to come back and fly US again....

Reactions: 2 people
I am not sure this is a true statement. While there may not be a direct cost advantage to happy employees, there may be secondary cost advantages such as the fact that happy employees are usually more productive, less likely to call in sick if they are capable of working, and perhaps less likely to make mistakes on the job.

That said, what happy employees are most likely to contribute to the bottom line is more revenue, since happy employees do a better job at making customers happy, and therefore more likely to come back and fly US again....

Ah Jeez Art don't go making sense and being an actual business person that thinks beyond next quarter. Someone in Tempe will read this and their head will explode from the shear logic of your post!

Reactions: 1 person