Douggie Cashes Out

Let the truth be told that Doug Parker penalizes folks who are union vs. those who are not. Total disrespect for his workers.

The guy refuses to negotiate anything for his West contracted employees. :down:

Last I checked, 80% of all of USAirways is contracted. Might find it a bit difficult to work with morale so poor.

Or it can be spun he rewards those who are US Airways workers who are not represented by people who can't negotiate in a professional manner. From what I've seen of SOME union rhetoric, is very unprofessional and goes against successful negotiation principles.

Sit across the table from Hemenway and Glass, they made tons of money while retirees past, present and future lost thier pensions and health insurance while the Executives got fired and walked away with millions and their pensions.

You have no clue what Chapter 11 has done to the Current, Former and Future US/East Employees.

The unions did not go to court to break the executives contracts, yet East screwed, raped and pillaged us.

The guy is clueless. The contract employees on the West have no increases as their contracts are/have been amendable for years, and the East have NO increases in their contracts until 2012.
Do the contracts not give raises for each consecutive year the employee is in that position?? How is that not a raise??? It's the exact same thing as this 3% raise that non-contract employees are getting.

Do the contracts not give raises for each consecutive year the employee is in that position??

No, they don't get an increase past a certain longevity point (which depends on the contract). At least in the East, most contract employees are beyond that point, so no annual increase. For example, not one single East pilot gets longevity raises.

How is that not a raise???

Simple - if you have been here long enough you don't get an increase. Understand? No raise.

It's the exact same thing as this 3% raise that non-contract employees are getting.

Only if you're saying that these folks above a certain pay grade don't get the merit increase if they've been here beyond a certain point. Maybe that little tidbit didn't make it into the letter.....

Besides, what happened to "cost neutral"? Guess it doesn't apply above a certain point in the food chain, huh?

Jim

Let the truth be told that Doug Parker penalizes folks who are union vs. those who are not. Total disrespect for his workers.

The guy refuses to negotiate anything for his West contracted employees. :down:

Last I checked, 80% of all of USAirways is contracted. Might find it a bit difficult to work with morale so poor.

Tough luck, you joined a union. You can't always have your cake and eat it too.

You are under contract, and you agree to your contract, if you don't like it, negotiate better next time.

You are under contract, and you agree to your contract, if you don't like it, negotiate better next time.

Typical reply, I have heard it many times. Funny thing is we did negotiate good contracts and the company used BK to have a Judge rubberstamp it!!! Funny thing is when times are bad the contracts all have to be opened for survival, but when times are good the standard reply is "you are under contract" live with it!! :down: Typical upper managment BS!!!

We are going to negotiate better.

As we speak. This "cost neurtral" BS is just that. Business casual? Yeah, the stock profits awarded to the execs is indeed business casual.... Good for them. I'm happy they got theirs.

Now the pilots are no longer going to be the lowest paid in the business. The true LCC pilots make about 38% more than us guys. You know the true business casual LCC. Southwest. And their execs make less than our execs. Substantially less. Go figure...... Hmmmmm.

The U pilot group is finally getting together on this. Dare I say even the GAG has had enough? Doogie Boy picked a pretty poor time to rake in his 6 mill.

There are going to be some serious fireworks coming if DP wants to play his cost neutral game. We can play the game too. And this time I'm pretty sure we will.

pilot

Or it can be spun he rewards those who are US Airways workers who are not represented by people who can't negotiate in a professional manner. From what I've seen of SOME union rhetoric, is very unprofessional and goes against successful negotiation principles.

Professionalism to this management translates to "unions bend over".

Latest posts