DP Makes Fortune's List of Dumbest Business Moves

And the board gives this moron a 3 year extension on his contract and a raise, Maybe the board of directors is made up of AA members. :down:

Ohhh ho ho ho ho! This is rich!

Somebody queue the WAH WAH WAHHh music.

That Delta merger WAS a popcorn fart wasn't it?

OK, I know that everyone thinks that US has horrible customer service and disrespects its best customers....but I can't imagine that they would ever do something like this. This had me rolling....I thought British Airways was a quality airline....guess not.

British Airways

Whats dumber, the failed DL bid or the DWI?
Personally MY Vote is for Delta Fiasco. Too this day I can't believe they would even ATTEMPT such a maneuver when they didn't even have THE US/AWA merger in order. Here it is 11 months later and the two airlines REMAIN T-W-O separate operations under the logo of a Flag and a Swoosh. As a pax I could only wonder, "What the F.....?". (The DWI could happen to anyone under the circumstances and really is nothing more than a personal embarassment.)

OK, I know that everyone thinks that US has horrible customer service and disrespects its best customers....but I can't imagine that they would ever do something like this. This had me rolling....I thought British Airways was a quality airline....guess not.

British Airways

The EXACT same thing happened to me many years ago on a Rome - PHL flight. A woman in coach had a seizure and died. So until we could land in Iceland - they put her body in the crew rest seat in Envoy - which wasn't next to me but was one row back across the aisle. Pretty creepy!

So sorry to say - you didn't discover another airline that did something worse than US. So sorry to burst your bubble there westie.

Look at the sidebar on the BA story--under the heading of Bosses Behaving Badly--whose picture is that?????

#88, that's whose picture ;)

Seriously, though, there is much more than the DWI to qualify our Doug for this list.......

So sorry to say - you didn't discover another airline that did something worse than US. So sorry to burst your bubble there westie.

I'm a customer, thanks...sorry to burst your bubble that you couldn't take another dig at another "westie".

Personally MY Vote is for Delta Fiasco. Too this day I can't believe they would even ATTEMPT such a maneuver when they didn't even have THE US/AWA merger in order. Here it is 11 months later and the two airlines REMAIN T-W-O separate operations under the logo of a Flag and a Swoosh. As a pax I could only wonder, "What the F.....?". (The DWI could happen to anyone under the circumstances and really is nothing more than a personal embarassment.)

Second that, on both points. And throw the QIK/SHARES fiasco in there, too.

It was an east flight wasn't it? A "westie" sticking up for the old U?

Why people continue to berate west employees while holding up the "shining" example of east service (of which I contribute and know all too well) seems to be a disconnect.

Berate the management all you want but why harp on west employees?

It is almost xenophobic at times- the people I do not know I will hate. There is more to this country than just the east.

They are just like the rest of us-working under harsh conditions but seemingly a bit more optimistic-what is wrong with that.

It might be (it is) a good quality.

As the poster stated it was Rome-what does that have to do with east or west?

And the "I'm a Customer..." part does not give carte blanch? on this board.

There are quality people in every category on this board and then there are the others.

Back