Drone apparently crashes into plane headed to London's Heathrow

xUT said:
Unfortunately, I believe we will see more of this soon...
I could picture you in a drone club wearing a drone hat wearing drone patches teaching drone safety winning drone awards and ultimately getting arrested for flying your drone with a go camera over cheer leading practice at a local high school

Reactions: 1 person
Kev3188 said:
I wish I could picture you typing this out, then deciding better of it before it before hitting "post."
Actually I think I captured his persona quite well, I didn't know you were on the xUT team. A doubt  it bothered him so don't let it bother you. If I hit a nerve, sorry

Reactions: 1 person
If there is a 'team' here it is certainly not a xUT RA RA.
A few if us here have been through a lot of crap since 2003.
We respect each other, even when I am a little 'off' they call me on it and it is much appreciated as I am not perfect (can be down right nasty).

Kev is one of those individuals that has earned his bones and my respect.

You, not. :p

B) xUT

Reactions: 2 people
 Unlike most on here I don't want nor need your respect in fact I like all those negative votes so please continue. You all feel the need for a pat on the back you do realize how pathetic that is. I think you do

xUT said:
You do know that the site rules prohibit stalking.
Your not my first rodeo pal.
xUT you do plenty of dishing yourself and you know it, so don't go crying rules now. Put me on ignore if you wish

xUT said:
Heaven forbid.
Your too much fun...

attachicon.gif
LaughingMonkey.gif
Good we can both go on being obnoxious

Back on topic...

Airplanes Hit More Turtles Than Drones

“To investigate the risk that small drones pose to the airspace,” Dourado said over email, “my collaborator Sam Hammond and I downloaded the full dataset to run some analysis on it. We found not only reports of bird strikes, but strikes of all kinds of mammals and reptiles as well. We thought this evidence was very revealing—planes hit objects all the time. Meanwhile, there still have been no confirmed collisions with drones in the United States.

So why turtles? “I picked turtles because turtles are funny,” Dourado said, “You don’t think of turtles as posing much of a threat to planes, and they don’t. If we’ve hit turtles 198 times and drones 0 times, then maybe we are worrying too much about collisions with drones.”

Talk about skewed data... :p