Elise Eberwein statement on Sky Harbor Death

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tend to share your opinion, perhaps not as vigorously though.

One must consider and could even argue that at least the media aftermath of this tragic event is yet another example of the high cost of cheap. When you have the worst DOT stats in the industry, The Res Migration Failure coupled with a growing reputation as a schlock outfit then one could easily see how the press, in their zeal to get a story just ASSUMED that US was at fault. Additionally one could argue that it was US Airways that set the chain of events in motion that led to the ladies demise.

However even with all of the above arguments the net net of it is that she perished in police custody and that is most assuredly an undisputed fact and that needs to be the focal point of any investigation or inquiry into the unfortunate incident.

OK, so paragraph one is the tease and paragraph three is the finale, which makes paragraph two...... a commercial. Yeah, that's it.

If an exception were to be made for her, the exception would have to be made for everyone that shows up 2 minutes late (or 8 minutes before push). What about those that show up 2 minutes, or 1 minute, before push?

And please, learn some basic grammar skills!

You know - if getting flights out on time was a normal occurance - then I get the argument about showing up a few minutes before flight time. But all to often, the door is closed, and then the plane just sits there for another 15, 20 or more minutes. There is absolutley no reason you can't let people onto the flight up until flight departure time, and even past it if the plane isn't ready to go. There is no excuse for requiring people to be "on board' 10 mintues before departure time these days and being hard ass about it.

You know - if getting flights out on time was a normal occurance - then I get the argument about showing up a few minutes before flight time. But all to often, the door is closed, and then the plane just sits there for another 15, 20 or more minutes. There is absolutley no reason you can't let people onto the flight up until flight departure time, and even past it if the plane isn't ready to go. There is no excuse for requiring people to be "on board' 10 mintues before departure time these days and being hard ass about it.

Let me give you just a couple of reasons off the top of my head why the door get's shut, but the plane sits.

One, the ability to back up from the ramp. You never know what may be behind you until it is time to back up. There are no reservations for push-back and it is entirely dependent on getting the door closed and the jetway or airstairs pulled back. Until then, nothing can happen as far as pushback goes.

Two, luggage. Customer service may be done and there are a couple of bags still being tossed on. Customer service will close the door and pull the jetway back and once the cargo door is closed, then they will go for pushback. (BTW, since the flight in question was full, there would be no open seats that might even cause the Captain to ask the question "Did everyone get on?")

Trust me, there are more reasons....

I stand by my brothers and sisters who work the front line everyday. All you second guessers have no idea what it's like, underpaid, understaffed, missmanaged. How many flights have you worked pilot Jim? It's easy passing judgement when you can hide behind the cockpit door. Jetmech, if you are a mechanic, who do you think deals with all the angry passengers when you slap a 5 hour ETR on an aircraft? Not you, my guess is you couldn't handle it. We deal with all the flakes, drunks, and whiners everyday. So your uninformed opinion means squat. The agent in this case acted properly, and Jim, I can think of many times one of our bold pilots passed in irate 200 pound passenger onto the 90 pound female gate agent, my hero.

Here here! How was the agent to know that the woman was a wackadoo? Gate agents handle the most emotional baggage in a day than your average psychiatrist! :blink: The agent was just following policy as boing-bob pointed out!

You cannot even blame the police, they, too, were just following policy. Perhaps they figured that the woman needed a "time-out," but ended up banging around the jail cell like a lightning bolt in a copper tube.

I stand by my brothers and sisters who work the front line everyday. All you second guessers have no idea what it's like, underpaid, understaffed, missmanaged. How many flights have you worked pilot Jim? It's easy passing judgement when you can hide behind the cockpit door. Jetmech, if you are a mechanic, who do you think deals with all the angry passengers when you slap a 5 hour ETR on an aircraft? Not you, my guess is you couldn't handle it. We deal with all the flakes, drunks, and whiners everyday. So your uninformed opinion means squat. The agent in this case acted properly, and Jim, I can think of many times one of our bold pilots passed in irate 200 pound passenger onto the 90 pound female gate agent, my hero.

Here here! How was the agent to know that the woman was a wackadoo? Gate agents handle the most emotional baggage in a day than your average psychiatrist! :blink: The agent was just following policy as boing-bob pointed out!

You cannot even blame the police, they, too, were just following policy. Perhaps they figured that the woman needed a "time-out," but ended up banging around the jail cell like a lightning bolt in a copper tube.

I guess it was a mistake to use this thread to ask a simple customer service question - apparently it's too easy to interpret such a question as an attempt to blame someone for this woman's unfortunate death.

So I'll ask a more generic question - If Joe or Jane Doe is in possession of a valid boarding pass with seat assignment for flight 123 from ABC to XYZ and wants to board their flight 8 minutes before scheduled departure, what provision of the CofC/policy/procedure is grounds for not only denying them the ability to board but to give their seat to a standby passenger?

So far I've gotten:

- Agents are underpaid and overworked. Granted - I wouldn't want their job if it paid what I made - but that doesn't answer the question.

- There was more than adequate time to make the connection. Granted also, but it doesn't answer the question.

- This woman had psychological/emotional problems. Granted, but it doesn't answer the question either.

- The flight was full. Granted, but only because the passenger's seat was given to a standby passenger - another non-answer.

- The best one of all - not meeting check in requirements. That would answer the question if it were true, but which particular check in requirement does a passenger with a valid boarding pass not meet merely because they want to board 8 minutes before scheduled departure?

Jim

Plain and SIMPLE. She did NOT meet the check in requirements. She then attempted to gain access to the next flight through identity fraud (another pax boarding pass), and when she was denied boarding based on completely legal and rational reasons, she lost her friggen mind and by default became a guest of the PHX ATO police. It was long after she was a guest of the police that she accidentally hanged herself. Again, for those who have no brain, US AIRWAYS was not responsible for her death, either directly or indirectly. The horse is dead. Please refer all future comments and questions to the RESPONSIBLE party, the PHX ATO police. Thank you.

accidentally hnged herself how do you accidentally hang your self wait try this let put my head in this noose type thing fall of this chair and accidentally hang myself how about some ice for your drink

next time you feel the need to put your emplloyee # in a log book let me know cant handle it ok like I say if you hate your job and dont like dealing with the public quit, I enjoy my job the company needs get better but but i enjoy my work and the power

next time you feel the need to put your emplloyee # in a log book let me know cant handle it ok like I say if you hate your job and dont like dealing with the public quit, I enjoy my job the company needs get better but but i enjoy my work and the power
I seriously hope you don't work on aircraft in your condition.
drunk.jpg

This one has gone so far off target it's time to shut it down...

Boeing Boy's comment can be the basis for a new thread though--and DON'T make it personal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back