Us Airways Strategic Analysis

PineyBob:

US Airways’ mechanics sign off the aircraft safe for flight, therefore, if there are maintenance flaws that DellDude indicates then it’s him and his colleagues that are wrong. I fly and operate those aircraft every day and I guarantee you they’re in the same shape they were in before.

Furthermore, your support of such nonsense on a public forum does nothing to help this company and I believe if you continue to bash the airline with misinformation, then you should be banned from flying the carrier. It has happened before and could occur again.

If your allegation is true of "Which is worse? A bitter, angry mechanic or an arrogant, condescending & self serving pilot who pretends to be the oracle of knowledge?" Bob, however, if I am wrong about US Airways maintenance and there is criminal actiosn beings taken and I will see that this is investigated.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

P.S. Moderators, I believe PineyBob should be sent to the cornfields for his unprofessional posts, misinformation, and personal attacks.

P.S.S. I find it interesting that certain posters can personally attack a person, but when they're criticized they cannot take the heat. Interesting, huh...

USA320Pilot said:
PineyBob:
Furthermore, your support of such nonsense on a public forum does nothing to help this company and I believe if you continue to bash the airline with misinformation, then you should be banned from flying the carrier. It has happened before and could occur again.
Regards,
USA320Pilot
P.S. Moderators, I believe PineyBob should be sent to the cornfields for his unprofessional posts, misinformation, and personal attacks.
[post="265871"][/post]​
Once again you are the pot calling the kettle black and you SHOULD banned from Flying!

And lets talk about insults:

USA320Pilot said:
BoeingBoy:

BoeingBoy said: "This is pretty old news - it's all in the Republic agreement - that just happened to be mentioned in the media recently. So much for all that "inside" info....:

USA320Pilot comments: I love your smart-alceck comments, which speak loudly about your character and your message baord split personality. When would now be a good time to let go of your anger and bitterness? At 59 or 60 years old? I guess you cannot take cirticism very well can you? Too painful...I'm not surpirsed.

I simply posted a recent piece of news information and you become child-like with a smart-aleck comment. Interesting...

Regards,

USA320Pilot

P.S. My 7 and 9-year old are not smart-alecks, but others...
[post="265841"][/post]​

Do you how stupid some of you sound? Oooo, oooo, I'm tellin' MODERATOR!! What? We back in kiddie school? C'mon, it would be funny if you guys weren't so serious about it.

autofixer said:
Here is some strategic analysis: How about going deep into the basement of the former T.H. Davis Training Center at INT and look for the old Piedmont business plan, blow the dust off of it, put a fresh U cover on it, and get this piece of "cool northern efficiency" dung heap back on the right track. Or has SouthWest already found it? What they are doing sure looks familure. I guess when they start flying to London, we will know for sure.
[post="265833"][/post]​

Excuse me, but didn't Piedmont sell out to usair? If the plan was so great, how come it wasn't the other way around? Personally, I am so sick of this crap. It doesn't matter what happened 16 years ago man. It would not apply in today's market period. There is no "cool Northern efficiency" and there is no "Southern sensibility" nor in my case "No hip Western fun." It's gone man, get over it. Autofixer, Piedmont is not coming back, nor usair, nor PSA, looking back doesn't help at all. In fact, doing so sets the entire company back.

It was Norfolk Southern, PI's largest shareholder that sold out to US.

USA320Pilot said:
PineyBob:

If your allegation is true of "Which is worse? A bitter, angry mechanic or an arrogant, condescending & self serving pilot who pretends to be the oracle of knowledge?" Bob, however, if I am wrong about US Airways maintenance and there is criminal actiosn beings taken and I will see that this is investigated.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Tim Nelson says,
USA320, I didn't read any personal attacks that you allege to have occured. Just statements posed in questions that may or may not accurately represent the sounding message, depending on who is reading it.
USA320, don't let some statements 'rattle your cage' and reduce yourself to crying. Myself and others I'm sure are more impressed with your first post under this thread. Your first post under this heading was informative and well written. I appreciated it like most of your post even though your opinion on some matters lack sensitivity.

regards,

700UW said:
It was Norfolk Southern, PI's largest shareholder that sold out to US.
[post="265876"][/post]​

So, I guess this pretty much sums up that Piedmont was "railroaded"? :blink: But, they didn't get there without management consent, n'est pas? Hey, it's all about choices. You either get over it, or you don't. I got over it, but it appears we're surrounded by colleagues that aren't. Makes for a real sh*tty work environment. Sad.

EyeInTheSky said:
Excuse me, but didn't Piedmont sell out to usair? If the plan was so great, how come it wasn't the other way around? Personally, I am so sick of this crap. It doesn't matter what happened 16 years ago man. It would not apply in today's market period. There is no "cool Northern efficiency" and there is no "Southern sensibility" nor in my case "No hip Western fun." It's gone man, get over it. Autofixer, Piedmont is not coming back, nor usair, nor PSA, looking back doesn't help at all. In fact, doing so sets the entire company back.
[post="265875"][/post]​

When you are growing like gangbusters and you're wildly profitable, why would you buy a boat anchor? Now if you have very high costs and feel you can't grow, and you have another airline eyeing your cash balance (TWA) and you feel you need to get rid of it, well you use your cash to buy that fast growing well run airline from the south. Usually though you wouldn't be so arrogant as to think you know better than them how to run the place. Often it is NOT the well run outfit wanting a merger. The Piedmont buy was an example of a merger that happen solely to benefit the shareholders, not the Piedmont employees.

Busdrvr said:
When you are growing like gangbusters and you're wildly profitable, why would you buy a boat anchor? Now if you have very high costs and feel you can't grow, and you have another airline eyeing your cash balance (TWA) and you feel you need to get rid of it, well you use your cash to buy that fast growing well run airline from the south. Usually though you wouldn't be so arrogant as to think you know better than them how to run the place. Often it is NOT the well run outfit wanting a merger. The Piedmont buy was an example of a merger that happen solely to benefit the shareholders, not the Piedmont employees.
[post="265882"][/post]​

Did I say I thought the mergers were so great? Look, I am not going to get in a pi$$ing match with a United employee who flies around with the name "TED" on an airplane.

USA320Pilot said:
PineyBob:

US Airways’ mechanics sign off the aircraft safe for flight, therefore, if there are maintenance flaws that DellDude indicates then it’s him and his colleagues that are wrong. I fly and operate those aircraft every day and I guarantee you they’re in the same shape they were in before.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
duh mr pilot..the instances i am refering to is where theres an issue and the guy who signs it off is a supervisor because me and my collegues won't so put that in your knowlege bank.....ace.

EyeInTheSky said:
Did I say I thought the mergers were so great? Look, I am not going to get in a pi$$ing match with a United employee who flies around with the name "TED" on an airplane.
[post="265885"][/post]​

Cause you can't hold your own? Piedmont was a wonderful highly profitable airline. The purchase by U was the worst thing that could have ever happened to them.

Busdrvr said:
Cause you can't hold your own? Piedmont was a wonderful highly profitable airline. The purchase by U was the worst thing that could have ever happened to them.
[post="265911"][/post]​
yeah tell them about how U fixed the florida shuttle......

Busdrvr said:
[post="265911"][/post]​

Basically, Piedmont was Punk'd. Okay, let's move on shall we?

USA320Pilot said:
Clue:

I find it interesting that once again you dispute my post, which is nothing new. In you post you implied that you know more than Rick Schifter a "managing partner of TPG." US Airways has repratedly said the company is talking to a number of interested equity investors that is now supported by a "TPG managaing partner" and you imply they're on drugs.

TPG is going to get paid if Bronner decides to play airline again. By implying that there is "too much money chasing too few deals," they artificially inflate HP's value to somebody as inexperienced in such things as Bronner. You (and apparently US management and Bronner) are falling for it hook, line, and sinker.

It's the same as Goldman calling for a "super-spike" in oil.

Don't be naive--nobody except for parties with skin in the game is chasing airline investments today. Nobody.

How can you be so smart and know more than the parties involved in the talks or who routinely invest in the airline aindustry?

Because my investments make money. See above.