eos airlines files for chapter 11

etops1

Veteran
Dec 6, 2003
another one goes away :

Press Release Source: Eos Airlines

Eos Airlines (New Dawn) Files for Chapter 11
Saturday April 26, 9:58 pm ET
Planned Investment does not Close; Premium Class New York-London Carrier Forced to Wind Down Operations

PURCHASE, N.Y.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Eos Airlines, the premium class New York to London carrier, which has become known for its operational excellence and uncrowded Guest experience, announced today that it has filed a voluntary petition under Chapter 11 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code. The petition was filed April 26, 2008 in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in the Southern District of New York.
ADVERTISEMENT

On April 26, 2008, Eos plans to operate Flight 6 (8:30pm) from JFK to STN. On April 27, 2008, Eos plans to operate Flights 3 (1:00pm) and 7 (6:30pm) from STN to JFK. Flight 5 from STN to JFK and all flights from JFK to STN on April 27, 2008 are canceled. Eos will immediately implement a reduction in its workforce, eliminating the positions of most of its employees, and will cease operations entirely after April 27, 2008.

Jack Williams, Eos’ CEO, said: “After overcoming today’s extremely challenging economic and credit environment to negotiate terms for a round of financing, it is regrettable that we were forced to take this action. We had been clear since closing on our last round of financing that we would need additional capital. As difficult as it is to raise funds in the current environment, investors believe in our business model and we were on the verge of success.

“Unfortunately, just as we were working toward closing on an investment that would have carried us to corporate profitability in 2009, some issues arose that we could not overcome. It is regrettable that, even though investors continue to be enthusiastic about our business model, and even though we had a term sheet in hand, we were unable to close on the financing we needed. That leaves us with insufficient cash on hand to continue operations.

“There are times in business when even though you execute your business plan and even though your employees do their jobs beautifully, external forces prevent you from controlling your own destiny.

“I want to express my appreciation to our dedicated employees and to the many Guests who have become like family to us.â€￾

What type of equipment and how many do they have?
they flew 757's in all business class config between jfk-stansted uk and charters as well. i think they had maybe like 6 757's i am not quite sure. my friends firend worked for them and was getting ready to do a charter to cairo i think from the uk when they told her the flight was cancelled because the airline has ceased ops. hope they got her back to the states.

Latest posts