Equity Update

So let me get this right , the company issued stock to us , as well all the other departments, they left it up to the TWU to distribute to us , then the retirees took the TWU to court because they felt entitled to some of that stock , so the TWU 14 % of that stock from each of us and cashed it out to battle the retirees . The case was then won months ago , and the cash fund grew to between 80-130 million dollars. Now the TWU is having a hard time letting go of that money , and their excuse is the difficulty of the process of distribution , so they went to a 3rd party who charges fees to distribute to handle this. Question number 1: Why didnt the TWU have attorneys on retainer to fight the retirees ? Isn’t that what a portion of my union dues should have went to after all these years ? Question number 2 : The TWU handles a lot of money , pretty sure they have accountants working for them already. Couldn’t they have put a team of their own financial people/ accountants together to distribute the funds ? Just wondering .

Reactions: 1AA
Here is your chance everyone.
Card drives are not free, it is not fair to ask the same players to fund another drive.
Someone set up a gofundme account to fund the card drive, and I ask that each person interested in changing the path of your profession, interested in separating from fleet service, have had enough industrial unionism to donate $150 of your equity stake payoff into the organizing fund. If you aren't willing to fund the drive for your profession then please stop complaining about our demise. I will personally donate double that amount and put $300 into account once it is setup.
Thank You in advance for your contribution.

Card drives are not free, it is not fair to ask the same players to fund another drive.
Someone set up a gofundme account to fund the card drive, and I ask that each person interested in changing the path of your profession, interested in separating from fleet service, have had enough industrial unionism to donate $150 of your equity stake payoff into the organizing fund. If you aren't willing to fund the drive for your profession then please stop complaining about our demise. I will personally donate double that amount and put $300 into account once it is setup.
As I said it many years ago, I’m all for you guys getting what you want, including a new union. But Informer, you haven’t been around for a while, a least not under this alias. We have had a few forums shut down lately because of a few posters getting off track. All I ask is take your “new” card drive request to the proper forum or start a new one. This is the “Equity” thread. Let’s not turn all threads into card drive threads PLEASE!

Like I said before, getting a different union changes nothing, but the name it self.

The update would have been better if it said the actual amount that is in the fund , instead of everyone trying to guess . Or if the update would have given an example of how much someone would receive based on their seniority.

i didn't even know the twu was appealing the capital gains taxes..

...the new long term rates can be 5%/15%/20%. short term rates are taxed as regular income. maybe the fund money escaped getting double taxed.

i take it the check will be taxed at regular income tax rates.

most peoples' expectations for the amount are low. mine are a bit higher. they are probably correct.

i agree...why keep a running total of the fund with nice colorful pie charts and yesterday's update had no figure.

i didn't even know the twu was appealing the capital gains taxes..

...the new long term rates can be 5%/15%/20%. short term rates are taxed as regular income. maybe the fund money escaped getting double taxed.

i take it the check will be taxed at regular income tax rates.

most peoples' expectations for the amount are low. mine are a bit higher. they are probably correct.

i agree...why keep a running total of the fund with nice colorful pie charts and yesterday's update had no figure.
And states like New York and California will be double taxed with a state tax deduction. I see dissapointed net total amounts on each individuals check.

$80 or $130, it does not matter if we do not know if the 14% made any returns.

Substantially closer to $80M than $130M.

It also made substantial gains since the starting point was a little less than $21M.

Back