Everything counts

If they do combine with NW will they have a "Super CP" since I am platinum with NW alreadY?

OH, NO, please don't give them any ideas of creating a 6th level. If they do, they should modify it like UA's program and combine Gold/Plat to be the middle level and create a level similar to Global Services based on revenue. I know a lot of people on here don't like UA's program, but it maximizes rewards to high fare paying customers AND the VFF. And, PB, I'm sorry, but a US1 who spends $75K a year on US is more valuable than a US1 who spends $10K a year and they should be treated differently. A US1 flying on a Y or B fare should be upgraded before a US2 flying on a Y or B fare.

What I suspect they would do is combine the miles and you would get the extra perks for flying more than 150K a year (free club, nominations of silver membership and who knows what else)--although it is my understanding that if you have an AMerican Express Platinum you get free club anyway.

My question is do US1 VIP's still exist like under the old program? Are they still clearing those people first for upgrades?

, NO, please don't give them any ideas of creating a 6th level. If they do, they should modify it like UA's program and combine Gold/Plat to be the middle level and create a level similar to Global Services based on revenue. I know a lot of people on here don't like UA's program, but it maximizes rewards to high fare paying customers AND the VFF. And, PB, I'm sorry, but a US1 who spends $75K a year on US is more valuable than a US1 who spends $10K a year and they should be treated differently. A US1 flying on a Y or B fare should be upgraded before a US2 flying on a Y or B fare.

I was just kidding about the 6th level.

I am not sure a US1 gets upraded first because of the advance request windows. There seems to be less seats available for the last minute full fare customer. Last summer I was on a $1,4400.00 one way red eye PHX-PHL-PBI, and did not get up graded on the PHX-PHL segment. It was full when I purchased, and the flight attendant told me, when asked, that the front was not full of US1s.

And I agree that spending more than $60,000.00 on US this year should entitle me to more than a person who had his daughter wedding catered at a hotel that is a partner with US, and he obtains status because he spent so much for the wedding and never flew US.

I am not sure a US1 gets upraded first because of the advance request windows. There seems to be less seats available for the last minute full fare customer.

I have admittedly seen some improvement, I think, but one of the problems is that they are allowing a lot more people (compared to the old US) to use mileage to upgrade seats. People complain that they hold too many seats aside in FC, but if you don't, then you lose the people who are willing to buy the B and Y fares at the last minute.

Here's a question for someone in res, which bucket does an upgrade using miles come out of. Do you use the same bucket that an upgrade on a B or Y fare uses? If so, that explains why people with no status are often seated in FC...

Again, I like the way UA does the upgrade process. EVERY elite is upgraded at their window. This means that if a US1 would buy the ticket last minute (a few days before), a Silver or Gold wouldn't get the upgrade before the US1...this is the way it should be.

I think it is far more important to note that US Airways is stepping up to the plate.

YES they made it a plate at an all you can eat buffet! This is not FAIR to those of us that do it the hard (yet correct) way. Over on Flyertalk, people have already figured out all you have to do is purchase a certain dollar amount of flowers through FTD and you can attain US1 status!!

If that's all it takes I'll send flowers to everyone I know and start gaining status on another airline for the rest of the year.

And I want to know what happened to the "real" Piney Bob?? You're being very mellow about this IMO. I would have thought you'd be a bit more aggressive.

I make CP either way so for me it's not a biggie.
So, when there are people who did not EARN CP status sitting in the reduced FC cabin...no tears...no moaning...you asked for it

Rollover was different....we earned those miles the hard way...this is diluting the program with people who did not earn it the hard way.

I agree with PineyBob. I probably won't really take advantage of this, but I wouldn't take advantage of the $600 UA double-EQMs either. OK, so some people don't like the promotion... can we not be at least a bit happy that we're actually getting promotions now? Hopefully this will be the first of more to come.

Except for the few nutcases on FlyerTalk (guilty as charged) who would go run out and spend $1,000 on flowers at FTD, I can't see that this is really going to have a huge impact on moving that many people up. Most of the bonuses are fairly small potatoes.

Instead of the Non-Stop B!tching and moaning why not start a thread and tell them what you DO want to see in the way of promotions.

I'm sorry, you must mean like when US1YFARE has called numerous times for the reinstatement of the EQM-bonus for full-Y/B fares?

Sounds like a specific request, and not just bitching and moaning.

Or rollover? Another specific request.

There have been plenty of specific criticisms, but Tempe just ignores them, and the Tempe apologists and Kool-Aid drinkers choose not to see them.

PB, I think Barbell is right--someone hijacked your login. You have a lot of nerve to tell me to stop whining. ONce again it is evident that you "think" that you have Tempe's ear and are afraid that they will banish you from the DM program for being a complainer. What flavor Kool-ade are you drinking today? You may be fooled by the games that they are playing with you, but until I see some REAL changes, I don't believe a word they say and don't believe that they really care what we think...if they did, we'd see more results instead of empty promises and meaningless gimmick promotions. But, you know what, I'm just a troublemaker.

:up: :up: :up: :up:

Better watch out, you may be deemed a troublemaker and booted from the DM program....oooooooohhhhhhhh.....nooooooo

you must buy A fares or F fares then

How so? 6000 miles per week would only take 17 weeks to make US1. Tack on other trips, like a few multiple cities in one week, and we're only looking at about 4 months, which takes me to April. There were a few random A fares mixed in, but not too many.

Also, I did several DCA-PHX-SEA. Doing this makes the miles add up fast since PHX connections from DCA to SEA are not anywhere near a direct routing.

Latest posts

Back