Experts Say US Airways'' Reorganization Expected to go Forward

Seems exagony never heard of insurance. Fools are a dime a dozen in these situations. The lawsuits that arise from this tragedy will be paid from the liability insurance carried by the parties that are found to be liable. And that will take years. U will be named as a party in the lawsuits as well as Raytheon, Mesa, Air Midwest, the contact maintenance company that worked on the elevator, and any other entity the lawyers can find. But in the end, the faulty entity's INSURANCE company will foot the bill. exagony has no clue as to what he or she is talking about. Our organization is better off with people like that OFF the property.

mr
 
[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/11/2003 7:47:58 AM mrplanes wrote:

Seems exagony never heard of insurance. Fools are a dime a dozen in these situations. The lawsuits that arise from this tragedy will be paid from the liability insurance carried by the parties that are found to be liable. And that will take years. U will be named as a party in the lawsuits as well as Raytheon, Mesa, Air Midwest, the contact maintenance company that worked on the elevator, and any other entity the lawyers can find. But in the end, the faulty entity's INSURANCE company will foot the bill. exagony has no clue as to what he or she is talking about. Our organization is better off with people like that OFF the property.

mr
----------------
[/blockquote]
I'm glad to be off the property too. At least I now work for a first class operation that WILL be around six months from now. U is nothing but a 2nd rate REGIONAL airline flying ML equipment. The WO's do a better job than ML and could easily fly 90% of their routes with their "industry leading jets -oops forgot that they don't have any" ( only contract carriers). I don't buy the argument about we're #1 in customer service, departues etc. It can't be too hard when you don't have any paying pax, reduced flying, and reduced customer base. ( Its not too hard to get 85% load factors when you give away tickets for next to nothing) PHL is a nightmare - and U LOVES it as a hub - good planning - never fogs in! PIT - who wants to go there - the steel industry regretfully is dead, CLT - mabe the best hub for U. I have flown on U a few times since leaving and I find with a few exceptions that the service sucks. Lets see flight from MHT to PHL - can't get a glass of H2o - too short of a flight - mind you that there were only around 35 pax on board. The whole problem at U is that ML thinks that they should be paid like REAL ML carriers when all they are is a 2nd rate regional. ML U got themselves into this problem of bankruptcy - good luck getting out. Its pretty pathetic when you look at Conex, Skywest, ASA, Comair and AEagle each fly to more destinations on their own than all of U does system wide. Mr Planes I may not know everything - and never claimed to - but I do know that U is on the respirator and the plug is about to be puled regaurdless of all the concessions you give. This crash - sad as it is - didn't help. Pan Am , Eastern , Braniff anyone?
 
Exagony,
And I'm glad your off the property too. Whiners go HOME!

A320 Driver
 
[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 1/9/2003 4:05:00 PM exagony wrote:
[P]Bye bye U, I see 19 + multi-million dollars lawsuits about to put U out of bx. Best of luck to their families ( the a/c that crashed families that is )[/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P][STRONG][EM][FONT face="Comic Sans MS"]you think even for an instant that even though they are in bk that they would take the risk of operating without insurance coverage?huh? [/FONT][/EM][/STRONG]
 
Posters:

Ignore whacks like exagony. Answering him only prods his foolishness and nonsensical posts.

mr
 
[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/12/2003 10:32:53 AM DELLDUDE wrote:






[/P][STRONG][EM][FONT face="Comic Sans MS"]you think even for an instant that even though they are in bk that they would take the risk of operating without insurance coverage?huh? [/FONT][/EM][/STRONG]
----------------
[/blockquote] Never said that they would - it'd be stupid to no have insurance ( but with Wolfe and Gangwell and now Daveyboy I wouldn't put it past them) Just hate to see what the premium just went up to. Never a good time for a crash - just the last thing U needed right now.
 
[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/12/2003 11:47:21 AM mrplanes wrote:

Posters:

Ignore whacks like exagony. Answering him only prods his foolishness and nonsensical posts.

mr
----------------
Posters - if you don't follow the "U is the best airline out there, we deserve $200000 a year (slight exageration) to answer phones, 1 trillion to push back planes (good use of the mechanic's skills by the way - still can't put my finger on some of the reasons U is in bk in the first place - but I digress) and 1 bizillion gazzilion dollars (again a very slight exageration)that the pilots think they deserve to fly from ITH to ELM (maybe 10 minutes in a Dash (this a former mainine route DC9 I believe that ML U cried and cried about when this "ML flying" tasked to Express), and the whole world is out to get us" mantra there are those - no names mentioned mrplanes - then they want to dismiss your opinions as foolish. Too bad mrplanes has APPARENTLY no perception of the real world and thinks that its his opinion or no opinion . Sounds a little Stalinesh eh comrade?
1.gif']
 
[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/12/2003 12:46:29 PM PineyBob wrote:

Exagony,
Wife starch your undies? ----------------
[/blockquote]
Da*& starch gets ya every time eh?
1.gif']
 
[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/12/2003 10:22:11 AM A320 Driver wrote:

Exagony,
And I'm glad your off the property too. Whiners go HOME!

A320 Driver
----------------
[/blockquote]
Not whining - just stating the facts - sorry if you can't handle hearing the truth. By the way best of luck in the future ( no pun intended)
 
----------------
[/blockquote]
exagony wrote:

I'm glad to be off the property too. At least I now work for a first class operation that WILL be around six months from now.
----------------
[/blockquote]
Yea, the golden arches will DEFINITELY be here for at least another six months. What is your new job? Fryboy? They won't like your attitude either, so I wouldn't ditch the want ads!
 
There's plenty of historical 'Express' carrier crashes that would set some good legal precedent on how this would go through the courts. Would any legal folks here like to do some research on past settlements(the AA Express crashes in Arkansas and Indiana come to mind)?

I'm sure the ambulence chasers would name every party involved in the suit, but in the end, it's likely the operator who will pay the most(or their insurance).

None of this matters, though, to the public who only hears what the sensational media shows and reports. Few people have heard of Air Midwest. Almost everybody (who flies) has heard of USAirways. That's what will stick in people's minds.