F/a Satellite Base

FA Mikey

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
miami
goldwatermiller08.com
They plan to run a test with a single satellite base in the coming few months. Although in the old APFA agreement had it limited to PHL, BDL, RSW and PBI, I am sure john ward and his band of fools were able to open the language to make it best fit AA's wants. Even though ATL and MSP seem to have the most commuters. I get the feeling that SJU will get the nod. The reassignment capital of the system. It would git there needs to have an extra group of people here.

Mikey, and WX,

I havent heard about this Satellite base thing. Do you think it would benifit both the flight attendants and the company. If it does come around I hope it helps out.
I agree with your hate for John Ward...but I disagree with how you think he is in bed with AMR. I think mr Ward hates both AMR and the Flight Attendants. He is out for himself. I am not big on Unions...but i will say this. A union needs a strong individual that will stand strong to defend it union members...he is not that person. He is out for himself only.
.He needs to be removed and I wish you well in getting rid of him and getting a replacement that the company respect and you respect. I believe that the Flight Attendants and management can improve their relationship. We just need someone to lead us in that direction.

operaations said:
Mikey, and WX,

I havent heard about this Satellite base thing. Do you think it would benifit both the flight attendants and the company. If it does come around I hope it helps out.
I agree with your hate for John Ward...but I disagree with how you think he is in bed with AMR. I think mr Ward hates both AMR and the Flight Attendants. He is out for himself. I am not big on Unions...but i will say this. A union needs a strong individual that will stand strong to defend it union members...he is not that person. He is out for himself only.
.He needs to be removed and I wish you well in getting rid of him and getting a replacement that the company respect and you respect. I believe that the Flight Attendants and management can improve their relationship. We just need someone to lead us in that direction.
This statement brought to you by the same person who earlier referred to Flight Attendants as " Warm Bodies". I really doubt that operaations is very sincere about his/her concerns about our welfare. operaations would be much happier if we were non-union.

I have never said you were warm bodies. I think that was Garfield. In the grand Scheme of it all I am just a warm body at AMR also. I am underpaid and over worked also. I am trying to have a better attitude....I am extending the olive branch

operaations Posted: Sep 10 2003, 03:29 AM

Group: Member
Member No.: 2,536

This has been discussed and for your information the captain brought this to our attention. As far as the pilots group goes, I have had several captains tell me that they would back up our flight attendants if we decided to call out fatigued. Towards the end of August the company sent out international flights with FAA minimum crews. If only 1 flight attendant called out fatigued on layover the result would have been a cancellation the following morning. If the company thinks that flight attendants and pilots don't work together they are wrong. I'm not bashing the pilots here, just pointing out where management decided to toss its resources.

'

well MiAAMI you are so mis informed. Pilots have a fatigue clause in their contract you do not. Go ahead tell me youare tired and I will give you a T?M....Better yet I will give you a refusal to fly and issue you a PO...A po is better for the company notr only does it dock your GTD it does not allow you to make up the days you were so called tired for. Go ahead tell me you are tired....Se if I care. If you are truly wiped out than by all means go home and rest. If you think doing so will hurt me and crew sched you are wrong. I will find another warm body to fill your place.

--------------------

Lets all work together

I think you will find that you did refer to us as "another warm body"

well I stand corrected I did say that and I will admit to it. But we are all warm bodies for AMR we want the most and they want the most ...but like I said I am extending the olive branch

operaations said:
Mikey, and WX,

Don't even hint that satellite bases might benefit the flight attendants as well as the company! That will guarantee that the company will cancel the experiment before it starts. If some action adds incidental benefit for an employee group, that takes all the fun out of doing it.

Bitter, party of one. Your table's ready. lol

And don't even hint that "we" had them and they worked incredibly well for commuters and the company both. People were responsible enough and mature enough to make the sat. work without a multitude of managers breathing down thier neck 24/7

MiAAmi said:
operaations would be much happier if we were non-union.
MiAAmi,

You say we would be better off non-union. Have you applied with Delta or JetBlue as a flight attendant? They're both non-union and it seems they would fit your needs for being non-union. AA will NEVER be a non-union airline.

wrx said:
MiAAmi,

You say we would be better off non-union. Have you applied with Delta or JetBlue as a flight attendant? They're both non-union and it seems they would fit your needs for being non-union. AA will NEVER be a non-union airline.
Please read the posts thoroughly before you respond! You don't have to look that closely to see that I was referring to a poster named Operaations who claims to work in Crew Scheduling.

Miaami.
Would you rather fight in posts or make suggestions to make things better. I once again am offering an olive branch to try and make things better. Any suggestions-

Operaations,

I really don't have a beef with you. You just seem to be a little inconsistant at times and was pointing that out to the other posters. I applaud your wanting to make things better.

Olive branch not needed here. I'm a lover not a fighter!

MiAAmi,

I stand corrected. But, if you read your post it could go either way.

Latest posts